Highlighted
latearrival
Level 2: Rookie

At wits end - error when trying to register for Office 365

Answered

Hi all. I'm just trying this support channel as a last resort in case there's anyway I can fix this myself or get help from a more reliable source...

I am trying to buy an Office 365 small business premium plan but get an internal error message (error code 117100631) when entering a "Microsoft Online Services Company Identifier".

I rang Telstra on Saturday and was asked to ring back on Monday morning. I rang on Monday morning and was told I would be called back later that day. I wasn't. I called again late on Monday and was told I would be emailed a case number. I wasn't. I'm very frustrated so I've come here to see if I get better quality support...

Any help much appreciated...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
latearrival
Accepted Solution

Re: At wits end - error when trying to register for Office 365

My issue was resolved by one of the 2nd level support team.

For anyone else that experiences the same error, here's what I learned.

1. The error was somehow the result of having been a past 'customer' (a had trialled Office 365 a year or so ago but did not continue using it).

2. It needs fixing by second level support - you can log your support call with the t-suite Service desk anytime, but the 2nd level team only work Monday to Friday.

3. The Service Desk wasn't very helpful - they failed to do what they said they were going to do twice (call me back; send me a case number), and weren't able/willing to give me any estimate of how long I'd have to wait to get my issue fixed.

In the end it took about 36 hours to get fixed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

I can only suggest to (at the stage) persist with calling telstra direct ect. Although very helpful this forum manly has a public input/support. Yes there are a limited amount of Telstra members that reside here but as stated this is a open public forum manly with fellow customers helping others.

If you find that you resolved the issue, could you report back to this thread and update as I'm sure it would help the community in the future.

Cheers,
Dave

latearrival
Accepted Solution

My issue was resolved by one of the 2nd level support team.

For anyone else that experiences the same error, here's what I learned.

1. The error was somehow the result of having been a past 'customer' (a had trialled Office 365 a year or so ago but did not continue using it).

2. It needs fixing by second level support - you can log your support call with the t-suite Service desk anytime, but the 2nd level team only work Monday to Friday.

3. The Service Desk wasn't very helpful - they failed to do what they said they were going to do twice (call me back; send me a case number), and weren't able/willing to give me any estimate of how long I'd have to wait to get my issue fixed.

In the end it took about 36 hours to get fixed.