Ausmos
Level 1: Cadet

Cable outage

Our cable broadband has been down for 24 hours and now Telstras wondrous website tells us that it will take another TWO days at least
When i ring them they can not tell me what is wrong but i gather its only our suburb effected
The sceptic in me says theyre saying "Ah well, its the weekend ,& theres only a few hundred people effected, well get to it Monday " Maybe !
"And we won't tell our customees anything, they can just wait"
"What can they do" ? ( evil laugh )
Telstra twats !!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Cable outage

If you're in an NBN build area, which now most of the HFC network (Telstra Cable) is owned and maintained by NBN Co as part of the NBN HFC rollout.

Depending on whats broken, it could be due to needed parts being dispatched to the area and the weekend doesn't help with most shipping services stopped until the business resumes on a Monday.

Unfortunately with any outage it is a matter of waiting. If you don't already have a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, you could call the Cable support team and ask if one could be sent out to you due to the outage. It probably won't arrive until Tuesday, but at least come the next outage you'll have the benefits of the 4G backup built into the modem until the outage is over.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now