Highlighted
Loulou23
Level 3: Gumshoe

Calls from Telstra scams

Answered

I keep getting calls from Telstra on a daily basis that are I am guessing scams as they say that there is a problem with my computer and ask for my details ( which I do not give them) so I hang up.

My question is if I send in a complaint to Telstra will they do anything about it and are there any circumstances in which Telstra would actually call you?

i also find it odd that this is happening only a couple of weeks after I was having trouble with my internet and had to call Telstra to report the fault.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Calls from Telstra scams

Raising a complaint wouldnt achieve anything. If they are always calling from the same number the unwanted calls team can block that number. Telstra will generally only call you if you make contact first, such as in regards to a fault you have reported or when ordering a new service to check its working.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Accepted Solution

Telstra have an "Unwelcome Calls Department" 1800 039 059 (9am–7pm AEST Monday to Friday).
Generally they are from different numbers.
Hanging up is just bait to them. I politely and firmly told them that I did not own a computer and did not have a Telstra service. They then stopped ringing after being told a few times.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

Raising a complaint wouldnt achieve anything. If they are always calling from the same number the unwanted calls team can block that number. Telstra will generally only call you if you make contact first, such as in regards to a fault you have reported or when ordering a new service to check its working.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Loulou23

That's kind of what I assumed thank you for your reply
Accepted Solution

Telstra have an "Unwelcome Calls Department" 1800 039 059 (9am–7pm AEST Monday to Friday).
Generally they are from different numbers.
Hanging up is just bait to them. I politely and firmly told them that I did not own a computer and did not have a Telstra service. They then stopped ringing after being told a few times.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Loulou23

Thank you

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more