Highlighted
JoeBlo99s
Level 1: Cadet

Can Live chat be trusted?

Answered

Hi Everyone. I tried to pre-order 5 iphone 7 plus for my business and i am getting nowhere. 

Each live chat i go on the telstra staff give me different answers. I sometimes get referred to a "supervisor" and on that level each supervisor gives a different answer.

So who can I trust? Doesn't everyone in Telstra go through the same training?

What happened was the person that did my order first time around entered the wrong email address and did not confirm the address to mail the phones to. As a result the only way I could get answers regarding my order is via live chat and check the 24x7 app for changes in the phone plans eg data download increase. From that I realised one of the five phones got dispatched and after waiting a good 7-10 days and no iphone in site, I went on to live chat to search for answers. It was there I was told it was sent to an address not related to my business account. I do not know how this person did my order! The phone got sent back to telstra and i provided the supervisor on live chat the new address. Recently I went on to live chat just to see if I could get a new tracking number and guess what?!! this supervisor said the only way I was to get this phone is to redo the order. Are you serious!?

Can somone from crownsuport tell me what i should do? This by far is the worse experience I have had dealing with a corporation as big as Telstra. I can only imagine how the company is run because the most basic job ie placing an order cannot be done competently.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Can Live chat be trusted?

I personally an not a big fan of LiveChat, while some people love being able to have a transcript of the chat, I personally find that in my experience I end up getting things sorted easier and faster via phone.

As it seems you have tried multiple times and being given the runaround so to speak, you might actually find you might be worth lodging an official complaint. That way the complaints team should, hopefully, be able to actually take a more holistic view on the situation and help to get it resolved. In my experience they are very helpful. https://telstra.com/complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 18: Intelligence Chief
Accepted Solution

When you put a complaint in to telstra they assign someone to your case and its worked on until you are happy with the outcome ,i have had to use this a few times myself and have found them to be the most helpful 

wescrooks
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Deffinately go through the complaints department.
I have had heaps of issues with my iPhone order primarily due to information supplied by live chat.
They seem to tell incorrect/inconsistent info more often than not.
For example: I was told that my order has been escalated for delivery a while back, later told a phone had been allotted to my order, but the numbers were wrong so they have fixed it and back to waiting. Started a complaint, my complaint officer told me yesterday that there has not been any issues on my order at all, and live chat reps cannot escalate orders.
So they seem to just tell you a simple fix answer so you will do their survey, but never seems to be right.
File a complaint, get an officer and hope to fix it that way :/.
Best of luck

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Peasley050
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Hi,

It would be much easier to purchase the phones online through the Telstra website. This way you know exactly what your ordering and your preventing other from stuffing up the order.

It is also much easier Smiley Happy

Hope you get this sorted out soon and if you need any more advice or have any questions, feel free to post again in crowd support.

Thanks,

Will

----
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra telecommunications equipment a long time and have a reasonably strong knowledge in this area.
JoeBlo99s

Cheers for the advice Will. Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution

I personally an not a big fan of LiveChat, while some people love being able to have a transcript of the chat, I personally find that in my experience I end up getting things sorted easier and faster via phone.

As it seems you have tried multiple times and being given the runaround so to speak, you might actually find you might be worth lodging an official complaint. That way the complaints team should, hopefully, be able to actually take a more holistic view on the situation and help to get it resolved. In my experience they are very helpful. https://telstra.com/complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

JoeBlo99s

Glad to hear you had good results with Telstra complaints. I wasn't sure whether it would be worth my while since they are all under Telstra. I will give it a try. Cheers

Level 18: Intelligence Chief
Accepted Solution

When you put a complaint in to telstra they assign someone to your case and its worked on until you are happy with the outcome ,i have had to use this a few times myself and have found them to be the most helpful 

wescrooks
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Deffinately go through the complaints department.
I have had heaps of issues with my iPhone order primarily due to information supplied by live chat.
They seem to tell incorrect/inconsistent info more often than not.
For example: I was told that my order has been escalated for delivery a while back, later told a phone had been allotted to my order, but the numbers were wrong so they have fixed it and back to waiting. Started a complaint, my complaint officer told me yesterday that there has not been any issues on my order at all, and live chat reps cannot escalate orders.
So they seem to just tell you a simple fix answer so you will do their survey, but never seems to be right.
File a complaint, get an officer and hope to fix it that way :/.
Best of luck
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi JoeBlo99s,

Certainly not a great experience at all so I do apologise. 

Do you possibly have a reference number pertaining to this or from recent communication with Telstra? These numbers usually come through via SMS or by Email. Types of reference numbers I can use can be found here

If you have already lodged a complaint, I'd be more than happy to pass this feedback onto the team who manage these enquiries to make sure this is order is placed correctly. We should be checking the key contact areas such as your email address but also that we have the correct shipping addresses.

- Jarred

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Peasley050
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Yeah... The sad thing is im only a teenager and have to deal with their crap...

~ Will Smiley Happy

----
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra telecommunications equipment a long time and have a reasonably strong knowledge in this area.
truthsayer
Level 6: Bloodhound

live chat is only as trustworthy as the  person you are  chatting with  some feel  you are bothersome some help u out.....

last time I chated they could not get  my data usage correct nor could they  assist in another thing...... I suggest ring telstra up 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now