CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ausgumbie
Level 11: Detective

Can't access Telstra Login on any browser

Hi all,

Today I again had problems accessing my ausgumbie profile - the Telstra Login page wouldn't load on any browser.

I've had this problem before and commented on it.

I haven't seen others complain about this issue, but in case others have experienced it and simply gone away shaking their heads, I thought I'd share that a DNS cache flush seemed to sort things for me - at least on this occasion.

I have Windows 10, and used the Windows Command tool.

To reset the DNS resolver cache, I performed the following steps:

• I selected the “Type here to search/Cortana” box, lower left of screen (next to the Start button), then typed “cmd” in there.
  • Some sites say "right-click 'Command Prompt', then choose 'Run as Administrator'”, but I just clicked 'Enter' after typing in 'cmd' (i.e. I didn't run it as Administrator) and just used the regular cmd tool. Seemed ok.
  • Then, I copied-and-pasted ipconfig /flushdns, then pressed “Enter“. (If typing, be sure there is a space before the slash).

Accessed login ok after that.

Cheers

ausgumbie

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Can't access Telstra Login on any browser

@ausgumbie I have seen the same issue.

It seems to be related to an IP issue (Or DNS). I have had to fire up the VPN and select a new Oz IP address and then I could log in. After closing the VPN and going back to my original IP it worked again.

I've been meaning to discuss this with the 'Brains Trust' but as yet I haven't had the time.

I also was going to try turning the modem off for 30 mins to re-cycle a new IP address and then see how it went. So maybe try that next time it happens?

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
ausgumbie

Thanks Ozmoz,

Yes, I might try that . The idea being that when (and it will be 'when' Smiley Sad) it happens again, I'll calculate the "fixed-for-a-while" time back to now, and compare it with the results of re-cycling a new IP address.

May also be the problem lies in Windows 10.

Cheers

ausgumbie

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Unfortunately that wouldn't suprise me

They really broke the mould with windows 10. Well at least i hope they did. Then again they claim W10 is going to be the be all and end all of their OS lineup
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

@ausgumbie wrote:

Thanks Ozmoz,

Yes, I might try that . The idea being that when (and it will be 'when' Smiley Sad) it happens again, I'll calculate the "fixed-for-a-while" time back to now, and compare it with the results of re-cycling a new IP address.

May also be the problem lies in Windows 10.

Cheers

ausgumbie

@ausgumbie Yes, I have to wait till it does it again to try a few things out. Which when I had the more info I was going to refer it on. But, if you and I are seeing the issue then others must be... surely.

I'm not sure if we can blame windows, because I only see this issue with the Telstra account. Stranger things happen though :-)

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
ausgumbie

Hi again Ozmoz and Yastiandrie

Windows 10 is why my other laptop runs Ubuntu. Smiley LOL

I also suspect the issue is with the Telstra Account, which makes me just that bit nervous.

Along with everything else to do with the internet these days. Smiley Frustrated

Cheers

ausgumbie

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now