teddyboy2014
Level 4: Private Eye

Connect 2 computers to NBN

Answered

Hi all

I have NBN Telstra, landline phone Best bundle deal.

I wish to update my computer and will buy another new one.

What I want to do, is connect my new one to the NBN, and gradually transfer everything across from the old to the new.

So am I able to have the two computers all connected to the NBN, side by side enabling me to do the transfering please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Connect 2 computers to NBN

Yes you can have the two computers connected to the NBN either connected to the Telstra Modem by WiFi or to separate LAN ports on the Telstra Modem.

If you want to transfer files from one to the other over the LAN network just turn on network discovery on both computers. Each computer will show up in the others File explorer and you will be able to drag files and folders from one to the other.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Connect 2 computers to NBN

Yes you can have the two computers connected to the NBN either connected to the Telstra Modem by WiFi or to separate LAN ports on the Telstra Modem.

If you want to transfer files from one to the other over the LAN network just turn on network discovery on both computers. Each computer will show up in the others File explorer and you will be able to drag files and folders from one to the other.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now