Highlighted
ManFromOz
Level 5: Eagle Eye

CrowdSupport email address change does not work!

Answered

I registered on CrowdSupport using my existing Telstra user name and password. After finding that I was not getting email notifications about new posts in topics to which I had "Subscribed", I checked my Profile. I found that my CrowdSupport account carried an email address that was incorrect: (CrowdSupport login name)@telstra.com.

So in the Edit Profile section, I changed my email address to my correct one - then replied to the "Email Address Verification" email that I received. Now my profile showed my correct email address, and flagged it as "Verified".

But that only lasted for the current session. The next time that I logged in, my email address was back to the invalid (xxx)@telstra.com.

So I repeated the address change procedure, again clicked on the verification link in yet another "Email Address Verification" email, and again confirmed that now all was OK. Until the next time I logged in, when once again my profile shows that invalid email address!

HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: CrowdSupport email address change does not work!

Hey mate,

Accounts have been merged for you now. If you log in using your second accounts details (i.e. email address and password) you'll not that you're now logging in to your original username and account.

Cheers, Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15

Hi ManFromOz

Can you please PM me the email address you wanted associated with the Community and I'll try to change and verify on this end.

Regards

Deanna 

ManFromOz

Thanks Deanna.

PM sent.

Hi Geroge

I have changed it to the address you requested, please let me know if the issue continues

Deanna 

ManFromOz

Hi Deanna, are you still around?

In my last PM to you of 1/10/2014 I advised that the issue continues.

To recap, when I change my email address in "Edit Profile", it tells me that it won't be used until verified. When I verify (using the link in the received verification email), all is OK until I next log out. When I next log in, it's back to the original invalid email address.

I wouldn't persist with this, but it's a pain to not receive subscription notices.

Community Manager

Hi there ManFromOz,

The quickest way to get this sorted is to create a new CrowdSupport account. This will mean a new username etc. But once you've done that, via this thread just let us know (from your new account) that you want to merge it with your old username, and we can take care of that for you.

Essentially you'll be creating a new account with the email address you want to, but then we can apply to that new account the details from this current one that you want to keep (the username etc).

Thanks, Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ManFromOz-2
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you, Tim.

This reply is from my newly-created second CrowdSupport account. (When registering it, I decided not to go down the "Claim your account" path for "existing users" in case it complicated matters.)

As for merging, basically I'd like to retain my user status and recover my original "ManFromOz" name, plus my short list of subscriptions, but I don't know what's possible.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for confirming this further. I have flagged this with our team to have this investigated further Smiley Happy 

- Patrice

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hey mate,

Accounts have been merged for you now. If you log in using your second accounts details (i.e. email address and password) you'll not that you're now logging in to your original username and account.

Cheers, Tim 

ManFromOz

Thanks again, Tim.

All finally seems OK.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear Smiley Happy Happy that this has all been resolved for you. -Patrice

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ManFromOz

Hello again Tim and Patrice. We seem to have a loose end, as I've gone from getting no subscription emails to getting duplicates.

Since Tim advised that the accounts had been merged, each additional post in this thread has generated TWO emails, one to each of the two user names - the original and the temporary. (Both to my correct email address.) It's as if "ManFromOz-2" remains in the system somewhere, subscribed to this topic. As I seem to be unable to login as the "-2" user, I can't cancel its subscriptions.

Perhaps once this topic dies a natural death, all will be well as the "-2" user won't be subscribing to any others (unless some other user happens to grab that user name). But I thought that I'd mention it.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update. I will forward this on to see if anything can be done to resolve this for you. 

-Patrice

Community Manager

Alrighty, this should be sorted out now. Let me know if it keeps happening.

- Tim

ManFromOz

My last post, and Patrice's reply, both generated emails to the "-2" user as well (which is consistent with what I was reporting). However Tim's reply did not - only my original user name was notified - suggesting that the issue may now be fixed.

Many thanks, gentlemen. Hopefully that's the end of this mini-saga, and I won't have to bother you again. (Unless the problem reappears if one day I have to change my current email address.:-) )

daffy44

there SEEM TO BE MORE MODERATORS ON THE SITE THAN PARTICIPANTS
DAPHNE COOMBER

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more