paully2012
Level 6: Bloodhound

Crowdsupport

Great to see the extremely rude attitude is still going on. Customers that use this forum are getting sick of hearing the smarmy smart asses comments from so called non paying experts. What a sham this site is. When will you learn to stop insulting people with your own views. People use this forum for help usually when frustrated with the already poor response they have recieved else where. I am now using some of the comments made by your non paid telstra staff and reporting once more to highlight the rude attitude you show some poor customers needing advice. Ice cream sandwich will be the next upgrade as per telstra and as yet no discussion as to if jelly bean will be utilised at a later date. Thats all that had to be said to answer the question not the smart comments that have been used. Tne CEO of telstra needs to read some of the replies crowd support is handing out. Again i ask what country is crowd support based.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: T-Hub 2 upgradable to Android 4.0 or 4.1 ?

@paully2012 wrote:
 Thats all that had to be said to answer the question not the smart comments that have been used. Tne CEO of telstra needs to read some of the replies crowd support is handing out. Again i ask what country is crowd support based.

Pardon? I think this thread, for the most part, has been rather civil.

The CEO of Telstra is aware of CrowdSupport, it was included in this year's annual report.

I'm interested to know what the location of the site has to do wtih anything, but from what I can gather a majority of the participants are in Australia (Including me).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 22: Superhuman

paully2012 wrote:
Customers that use this forum are getting sick of hearing the smarmy smart asses comments from so called non paying experts. What a sham this site is.

This is not Live Chat, and the CrowdSupport community have no charter or obligation to give you customer service. The purpose of this web site is to crowd-source answers – information and discussions, as opposed to solutions and outcomes. You're not my customer in any way. If you don't like what I/we post, then please feel free to not read those posts and/or threads.

When will you learn to stop insulting people with your own views.

Did I express a view that you or the O.P. are deserving of my contempt? Did I make reference to personal traits and attributes that you feel are so inalienable to your character that you cannot help yourself feeling belittled?

If you feel my post is in breach of forum rules and guidelines, then please go right ahead and report it to the moderation team as being inappropriate content, and see if your views are vindicated. Just remember you are in no position decide on behalf of the community or anyone else – but you, just like I, can express your personal opinion.

People use this forum for help usually when frustrated with the already poor response they have recieved else where.

So? Why should the level of frustration you/they feel or do not feel have any bearing on what I write, when it's not my role or obligation to manage your emotional well-being, or your relationship with any other entity (including Telstra).

Now let's see your positive contribution towards this thread, and what you can do to give the O.P. an accurate answer to his question, which obviously I did not do earlier.

Again i ask what country is crowd support based.

Oh dear. I don't know about you, but I'm Australian and I live in Australia. Happy now?

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
snake65
Level 4: Private Eye

@ Drat .It doesn't matter what you meant in your post it came across rude, but yes you are allowed to voice your own opinions.

paully2012

Your wonderfully trolled reply is exactly the reason I have made a formal complaint. I will no longer give fuel to your ego. Im not the only one who has experienced the bad attitudes displayed on this site and as you are a Telstra employee I will now lodge another complaint. Wonderful telstra employee can insult and say comments like WHO CARES. This is sadly why Telstra is loosing valuable customers. Also to ben who has also trolled me and had comments from other contributorsl removed I read your post from Feb this year asking people what they think of rude obnoxious customers.mmmmmm. You seem to be a very bitter ex employee who seems to think most customers are not up to your standards. You also mention you had recieved threats from customers. With the appaulling attitude you have displayed on several posts are very unproffessional. But as you both seem to always wbant to be right you must be. I would just like to see on this forum direct answers without unprofessional comments.
Cheers
paully2012

paully2012

Also I did answer the question regarding the 4.0 update. What a shame you didnt read that. It was at the end of the contribution you trolled apart. I have spomen to the CEO office today and have expressed my dissapointment of what some moderators are doing to telstras name. So keep up the wonderful insults. You must feel so proud belittling like this. Congratulations and good luck.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@paully2012 wrote:
Your wonderfully trolled reply is exactly the reason I have made a formal complaint. I will no longer give fuel to your ego. Im not the only one who has experienced the bad attitudes displayed on this site and as you are a Telstra employee I will now lodge another complaint. Wonderful telstra employee can insult and say comments like WHO CARES.

I think the point Drat was (incorrectly) trying to make is that Telstra shouldn't invest in resources for an upgrade, but should invest in resources for a new, better product. When he was corrected (by me) that Telstra offerred the update, he withdrew his comments and apologies (as best as Drat knows how). I commend him for not editing his post to remove his comments.

Drat, whilst participating on this forum, is acting in a private capacity, and it clearly states that in his signature. Furthermore, you are going to complain when someone from Telstra happens to litter in the street, or run a red light outside of work hours? its a matter for the individual, not for the Business.

The Community Guidelines are very clear, and I've asked for them to be reinforced so that we can work on getting clear guidelines around what is and is not acceptable on the fourm. If you consider a post trolling, please report it to the Moderation Team (of which Drat and I are not apart).

@paully2012 wrote:
This is sadly why Telstra is loosing valuable customers.

To be fair, Telstra actually gained customers from the last FY. Just sayin........

@paully2012 wrote:
 Also to ben who has also trolled me and had comments from other contributorsl removed I read your post from Feb this year asking people what they think of rude obnoxious customers.mmmmmm. You seem to be a very bitter ex employee who seems to think most customers are not up to your standards.

Oh, a jab at me how fun Smiley Happy - If I have trolled you, please directly contact either the Moderation Team or the Community Managers. I've had discussions around how I should post on these forums, and I'm working to make this a more inclusive place for all. That being said, I won't tolerate your consistent abuse towards me, or towards anyone in the top 5 simply for expressing a different view to you.

The only posts that will be removed are posts that breach the Community Guidelines. You can also request this, if you think the post is against the Guidelines. If you need a copy, please let me know.

@paully2012 wrote:
You also mention you had recieved threats from customers. With the appaulling attitude you have displayed on several posts are very unproffessional. But as you both seem to always wbant to be right you must be. I would just like to see on this forum direct answers without unprofessional comments.

A majority of customer service staff have at one point in time received a threat from customers. I went out of my way to assist and help customers to obtain what they were entitled to, nothing more, nothing less. I stand by the comments I made around banning customers who abused or insulted front line customer service staff with racist insults. I can assure you, if some people were subject to that, the attitude would drop quick smart.

Your feedback on direct answers is duly noted as well. Whilst I can't go into specifics, I've asked for a faster moderator response time on the forum. If you have any issues with Moderation, I suggest you stop hijacking threads and contact either the Moderation Team or the Community Managers.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

This whole thread  has gone off topic, and the topic has an answer.

Can it be locked?

BTW, I don't think Drat was rude.  I would consider his responses robust, but not rude, but then that's just my opinion.

He stated quite clearly he doesn't post AS a telstra employee, and his opinions are his own, and don't reflect Telstras official position.

Declaring he is a Telstra employee is commendable, and that doesn't mean he's not allowed to voice his own opinion. It's a fine line, but I would prefer it if people were allowed to do so, otherwise, they would be obliged to hide thier affiliation, something that goes against the grain IMHO.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

First of all, Ben_F and Wanglese, thank you sincerely for jumping to my defence.

Ben_F wrote:
I think the point Drat was (incorrectly) trying to make is that Telstra shouldn't invest in resources for an upgrade, but should invest in resources for a new, better product.

Not so much a case of “should” or “shouldn't”, which would strongly suggest the application my personal values to the assessment of a situation or event, but “would” or ”wouldn't”. I wasn't previously aware that Telstra has made a promise to make at least one Android upgrade (to ICS) in its FAQ pages, and in the absence of such a promise, it makes very little commercial sense – objectively speaking – to divert the company's technical resources and effort from the development of the next iteration of a product, which will carry its own purchase price as a separate good.

The point is: my personal views – and equally anyone else's personal views (even as a consumer or customer) – on this have absolutely no standing on business decision-making, unless accommodate those views will encourage the customer to part with more money.

Some people find it confronting, or even a personal affront, that other people or entities may so blantantly disregard their values and beliefs as having any significance or worthy of serious consideration, in the context of decision-making. That's not my problem. I believe in ”do to others as I would have them do”, which in this case is to disregard one's personal views as if it was irrelevant to sound commercial decision-making.

When he was corrected (by me) that Telstra offerred the update, he withdrew his comments and apologies (as best as Drat knows how). I commend him for not editing his post to remove his comments.

Haha, I'm not sure it was an apology per se. If Telstra made a promise (which I wasn't aware of, earlier), then it would “care” (cf. my question of ”Who cares?”) to deliver to it, for brand reputation and regulatory reasons, but the ”caring” still would not extend to accepting an individual's personal views as some sort of standard to which the company is obliged to adhere.

All the same, I was glad to be ”corrected” and informed of what I didn't know. It's not about my prevailing in a discussion at all; I want objective, unsympathetic but accurate information to prevail over anyone's personal feelings, including my own, in a discussion.

Again, some people may find that belitting or ”insulting” if their feelings can be so readily ignored, but that is not my problem.

Furthermore, you are going to complain when someone from Telstra happens to litter in the street, or run a red light outside of work hours? its a matter for the individual, not for the Business.

That depends on whether the ‘offender’ is driving a Telstra vehicle (with or without a ”Telstra values safe driving” sticker or label) outside of work hours. What you've given as examples are actual offences. I see it as more of a case of someone getting mightily angry when I ”fail to give way” to them, when in his personal view I'm morally obliged to, and that he feels his rights as a road user is being violated – all the more so if he's in a hurry (and I, as a fellow road user, just don't care). Whether the situation actually constitutes a traffic infringement is up to the police (cf. the CrowdSupport moderation team) to assess and decide; road users do not get to insist on the outcome.

Wanglese wrote:

Declaring he is a Telstra employee is commendable, and that doesn't mean he's not allowed to voice his own opinion. 

Telstra's company policy, which is binding on me in this regard while I remain in its employ, requires me to clearly state I work at Telstra, when I publicly discuss Telstra-related matters in a personal outside-of-work capacity in social media. Personally, I'd prefer to state in my signature block quite accurately, ”I'm an unsympathetic sod first (from birth), right-wing capitalist next (since I was nine), then Australian (for over two decades), and a Telstra employee after (since some time in the 21st Century),” but that would be over the top.

snake65 wrote:

@ Drat .It doesn't matter what you meant in your post it came across rude, but yes you are allowed to voice your own opinions.

Oh, I know that – on both counts. I'll always/continue to be ”rude”, if you (and some others) view what I post through the lens of your (or their) personal values, which are exactly what I openly said have no standing with me as an individual. I respect your right to those values and views, of course, and wouldn't dream of making you change or depart from them, but equally I don't have to accommodate them in the behaviour I exhibit, as if they were some sort of recognised standard; the knowledge of what your values are is trivia in my mind, and I'll consult it only if and when I'm playing to win at some game or contest.

On the other hand, if you simply read my posts (or not!) as information – accurate or otherwise – then perhaps you'll see how it might not be perceived as rude by others. just robust and/or blunt, as others have suggested.

It's nothing personal to me, even if it feels awfully personal to you. (I don't know whether it does or not, and obviously I don't care how it's received subjectively.)

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
wabbit
Level 3: Gumshoe

Just imagine if all the energy wasted on this question was focused on something worthwhile.

The question required a yes or no and maybe a timeline.

Level 21: Augmented

Kudos for the segway Lembasts. I'm remaining nuetral in the rest of the content in this thread but while it doesn't affect me personally, the "Who cares?" was a little blunt and it would have originally (obviously nothing Drat can do about it now) been easier to emit that part of the post due to the knowledge of how some of this community pick apart responses.

Lathania

Still trolling. What a waste of space. Well as I said you ego must be huge. As long as you believe you are correct. Thats the most important thing. Keep up the great trolling. It seems it is what is done best on this site. Just more amo toward my complaint. And I think its about time other depts were made aware.of this insulting site. Have a wonderful day and keep believing you win every debate. Its what you do best. With reps like this its no wonder Telstra is a joke. Well you have convinced me to end my contract today. So ashamed I was ever pointed to this sub standard site.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now