Highlighted
ArtyMarty
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Custom Avatar

I notice a very few people in here have a custom avatar.  How do you put one in?  
It would make the community more friendly and "real" if people could see who they are chatting with.
Yes, it can be open to abuse with people putting unsavoury images, but just ban the people that do that, or have it where images need to be approved first.

I'm sure that this is not offensive?  

Marty_Merlin_Android-120px.jpg

Cheers, Marty

-=-=-=-=-
Passionate android user, tech geek and artist / jeweller.
NOT a Telstra Employee - Just a customer (only while they provide a service that meets my expectations and principals)
-=-=-=-=-

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Custom Avatar

Hi Marty,
Tech Geek?

Near top right, "Settings" click the "Avatar" Tab, click "Upload your own avatar". Note you'll have to shrink that one down a bit or maybe cut it down and sneak another Android top right go you pic.

Very clunky on the iPad. Online editors ect.

http://instagram.com/p/q5DLIOBJvw/

Cheers,
Dave

ArtyMarty
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Seems not everyone has that option, itr might be based on numberf of posts you make or something.  
Only options I have are "Choose a collection"  and then click on one from a collection.

Smiley Sad

-=-=-=-=-
Passionate android user, tech geek and artist / jeweller.
NOT a Telstra Employee - Just a customer (only while they provide a service that meets my expectations and principals)
-=-=-=-=-
Level 23: Superhero

I recall having it nearly straight away. Could be a minimum post count.. Can't imagine it being much though. So I say get with the helping and yea shall be rewarded..

Just grab a copy of the avatar I crested (if you want it) as I'll be killing it soon Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

Corvus
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi,

The option to upload a personal avatar does not appear on my screen under settings. I can only choose from those offered. A little disappointing.

IainOfToronto
Level 4: Private Eye

Did you earn a custom avatar or ask for one, ArtyMarty?

Regards,
Iain M
Twitter: @IainOfToronto
IainOfToronto

Could it be that "passionate android user" is working against you?

BTW, I too was a dalek for the first week I was a CrowdSupport user. But my dalek ran on iOS. (-: 

Regards,
Iain M
IainOfToronto

ArtyMarty,

This is it: "...  Just a customer (only while they provide a service that meets my expectations and principals) ..."

The spelling nazis are on your case for having no principles.

Principals run schools.

Regards,
Iain M

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more