gregor
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Forced logout - crowdsupport

Why do I get logged out of crowdsupport when I close the app? Its a real pain having to log in to post or check my profile.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Forced logout - crowdsupport

I have noticed on the website now that I need to login again a lot more than I used to have to.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
gregor

Can Telstra reply to this? We should be able to stay logged in. If this is not possible how about being able to remember our username at least.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I will ask the support team to look into this but from memory the timeout period is usually set to 30 minutes. I will see if we can extend this period and let you guys know as son as possible.

If you notice any issues with the new login please private message me directly and i will try my best to resolve.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

gregor

Thanks for the rapid response. Be interesting to see what you can do to extend the time-out, but why do we get logged off at all?
gregor

Hi Yannick, any feedback on the logout issue? I logged in on an Android tablet and had the option to save details for future logins.
Any chance of seeing something similar for WP8?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello gregor, I'm sorry about the slow response but a we increased the logout period which should have resolved the issue for all platforms but i will ask the support team to review WP8 and see if there is a need for additional changes.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

gregor

Thanks, Yannick. I just logged in, shut the site and went straight back in. Logged out.....
There is still no option I can see to save login details.
It's not as though we're dealing with a bank site here!
Cheers,
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Yes Crowdsupport is not a bank site but keeping you details secure is very important. Let me investigate options and get back to you asap.

Level 21: Augmented

When using Internet Explorer I get logged out every 5-10 minutes or so, however I've been logged in for weeks using Firefox on this computer =/

Might have more to do with cookies and the like.
Lathania

Interesting, Lathania. Limited options with WP8 but might give UC a go.
Thanks.
gregor

Been trying UC browser, still getting logged out of crowdsupport.
Any update on this?
How about supporting Remember User Name at least to make logging back in easier?

Cheers,
gregor

It's been a month since my last post on this and nothing seems to have changed. Still getting logged off and no option to save any login details on my Lumia 820 (as there is on the nexus7).
Not happy, Jan....
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@gregor

We updated the timeout period for the community login last year to address this issue but it seems that for some devices this issue still exists. I will report escalate this to our support team and hopefully they can make some additional changes.

gregor

Thanks Yannick. How about being able to save our user name to make it easier to log in on a Lumia device (820)?
gregor

This issue has been ongoing since Nov 2013. Has any progress been made?

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now