Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you missed claiming your account during the new registration or login process

If you registered with Telstra but missed the step to claim your old CrowdSupport identity, we can manually correct this for you. Please private message a community manager, either myself or MattD, and we'll make the necessary changes for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
24 REPLIES 24
Level 20: Director

Re: If you missed claiming your account

Hi Yannick,

Does this indicate that the period to claim our CrowdSupport identity through the 'CLAIM YOUR ACCOUNT' button has ended for customers with existing Telstra accounts?

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: If you missed claiming your account

I apologize for the confusion the 'CLAIM YOUR ACCOUNT' and new login process will become active on the 1st of November until them its business as usual with your existing login credentials.

The CLAIM YOUR ACCOUNT process will be open for six months so you will have plenty of time to claim an existing account.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 20: Director

Re: If you missed claiming your account during the new registration or login process

Ok I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me Yannick, much appreciated.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
hauslane
Level 2: Rookie

Re: If you missed claiming your account during the new registration or login process

This whole thing is a joke, so frustrating trying to get my old acct linked, there wasn't even a "claim your acct" option!

So I had to fill out this form, which asked for a name, of which I've no idea what I used, + a bunch of other details which I've no idea what I used!

I know my pwd/un/email address, what's wring with just that info!?! Nice way to alienate your user-base by forcing them to use non-anonymous logins!

At the least, remove this sub. from my old account, I no longer want to get emails about it!

Cant believe I've had to spend the last 30mins trying to work all this out...

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Windows-Phones/Data-Sense-HTC-8X-8S-all-Telstra-Windows-Phone-...

Came to think of it, just delete my old acct entirely, what's the point of a anonymous one if it must be linked to one that isn't.

And don't mention my details in this public thread...

And where on earth do we set the email address used by this privacy invading forum, is it just tied to the address used by "My Telstra"!?!

Support Team
Support Team

Heya hauslane,

I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing with claiming your account. :\

As a moderator, we too had to follow the process, whereby you need to re-register, and once you login following re-registration, you are presented with the option to claim an existing account.

It then asks you to enter your existing login details from your existing account and then links the accounts together.

If you have filled out the form Yannick has presented, I'm sure we'll get it sorted out for you as soon as possible.

hauslane

And I'm still awaiting the status of this, surprise surprise...

If the content in my old account can't be migrated, then don't delete it entirely, we'll have to merge it into this non-private one.

In the meantime, can you now please address the remaining points/Qns in my last post?

Thanks (I think).

hauslane

Hello? See above. Thanks.

hauslane

Almost a wk later & still nothing...

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@hauslane 

I am reviewing your account now and would like to apologise for the delays in resolving this issue.

mrx7emb

Yannick link doesn't work I'm trying to link.my.old login to my new login Id help pls
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello mrx7emb,

Can you private message me the account/username you want to claim and i will sort it out at my end asap.

cheers
Yannick

MitchyD1989
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Yannick (long time no see),

The link still isn't working. My old username is mitcho1989
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Mitcho,

Good to have you back, let me look at this for you now.

Cheers

Yannick

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Mitcho1989 & @Mitcho1989 please clear your browser cache, restart the browser and login to the community your account should now be linked correctly.

Mitcho1989
Level 11: Detective

Got it back, thanks heaps @Yannick! Smiley Happy
artslletkcuf

What an utter **bleep**-up this site is.    Telstra could not run a lemonade stall without demanding to have a username and password for every glass and going bankrupt in the process.

I think I may give this ridiculous "club" a miss in future.

Hi artslletkcuf and welcome to CrowdSupport

Was there a specific issue with the Community that you need assistance with, I'd be happy to help you out.

Regards

Deanna 

markmc
Level 3: Gumshoe

seriously..........you have to claim your account that you use to have so they can be linked to your old account to receive your messages from telstra that are hidden some where in cyber space????  SERIOUSLY

why not just leave the bloody thing alone so we can use our "old" account............if your updating....simple transfer everyone,

This just seems so backwards like its straight out of back to the future???

EarthquakeEnt

I missed claiming my account during registration

old crowdsupport identity earthquakeEntmt

new crowdsupport identity EarthquakeENT

Was_ausgumbie

First, let me introduce myself:

I am called "Was_ausgumbie". I chose this identity because my former CrowdSupport identity had been "ausgumbie". Why I've made myself a "New Member" is described (unfortunately lengthily) below:

I've been trying since, 27 Jan 2015, to log into Crowd Support. I've had MANY problems. I gather those problems I experienced were also the commonly-experienced the problems discussed on this thread.

I had not had these problems until Tuesday 27/1/15. Before then I'd successfully posted as "ausgumbie", e.g. threads:
Unexplained High 4G wireless Broadband Data Usage
When is MyAccount going to be fully functioning (Jan. '15)?
Re: Data usage abnormally high
Re: High data usage

So, then, my problems started Tues. 27/1/15, 1636.

Not long beforehand, I'd registered with Telstra My Account (as opposed to My Bigpond which I'd only used previously) to see if I could access more detailed data on my usage than previously I'd been able to access (And I did as it turns out, but that can be a different story).

Having registered, I naturally explored this new "realm". Then I tried to log into Crowdsupport and found I couldn’t. The browser's tab-title told me what I was being required to do: "Complete My Profile". So I tried to. Always unsuccessfully.

From this point, very frequently and daily, I kept repeating what I thought were appropriate steps to re-claim my Crowd Support Identity. I did this believing that there was "something temporarily glitching" (as often "something" does) and that, at some stage, I'd get the response I wanted (i.e., once "things" had righted themselves).

Summarising:

(A. Before Logging in with my Telstra Login)

1. "Already a CrowdSupport user ... you'll still need to register for a telstra.com login": I thought I'd done that (see above) but dutifully filled in the questionnaire on the page linked to. The "Continue" button didn't work then and hasn't worked on the one or two occasions since I've tried to repeat this step.
2. "Register Online" I ignored as it seemed to be the same page as the previous.

(B. Having Logged in with my Telstra Login)

3. "Existing CrowdSupport User? Claim your account.": Entered "ausgumbie" as "Login name", my Telstra/Bigpond Password as the "Password" - Result always red bar with "Sorry, we are not abe to link to your account." and a bit further down (with "ausgumbie" highlighted in the Login box, "The account has been linked already."
4. "Forgotten your password? Link via email.": I tried and re-tried this approach with two email addresses. Nary an email. Not a one. Beggar all.

Conclusion:

Having read this thread, it is obvious the window for "Claiming Your Account" has passed and I have missed it. That would be why the pages and links that would have been working during that window are now non-functioning.

Request:

PLAN A: If it is still EASILY possible to link "Was_ausgumbie" and "ausgumbie", could a mod please link me.

PLAN B: If it is NOT EASILY be possible to do this (e.g.) without tinkering with my Bigpond or Telstra account profiles settings (I WON'T do that!) then can my "ausgumbie" presence please be removed as much as possible from CrowdSupport and I will live on as "Was_ausgumbie".

As "ausgumbie", I only had one kudo, although it was nice to get one. And the loss of my few posts will not, I guarantee, traumatise forum members.

Many thanks

Was_ausgumbie

- the member formerly known as ausgumbie -

ausgumbie
Level 10: Junior Detective

Ha! Was_ausgumbie is ausgumbie again!

Many thanks Yannick!

Smiley Very Happy

ausgumbie

- the contributor temporarily known as "Was_ausgumbie" -

Megzmc2

Hi Yannick,

Are you able to help me with claiming my old CrowdSupport identify please?  I sent you a private message a little while ago, but haven't got a response yet.

Thanks.

Megzmc2

Hey again Yannick or MattD,

Still hevan't heard back from anyone about how to get my issue resolved... any chance someone can come back to me please?

Thanks,

Megzmc (now known as Megzmc2)

megcooke1

For some reason, when i logged in yesterday (about 12 hours ago!) i accessed my account i have had since 2012 and I made a post for help, and overnight got an email to say i had received a private message with my solution. 

I have now logged in this morning and no matter what combination of email/password or facebook login i use i can only access this new account which means i also cant access my private message with my solution which is EXTREMELY frustrating! Can someone please link my accounts. my "old" username is megcooke and my current one is megcooke1. thanks.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more