Echo70
Level 2: Rookie

Is (02) 9213 2700 a legitimate Telstra phone number?

Answered

I received a voicemail wanting to confirm details before they process my order.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Echo70
Accepted Solution

Re: Is (02) 9213 2700 a legitimate Telstra phone number?

It's been confirmed,(02) 9213 2700 is a legitimate Telstra phone number.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
JonYn
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

I'm not confident to say if its legitimate or not.
However you can give Telstra a call 13 22 00 to confirm if there anything else you need to do to process the order (if you made an order).
They should be able to see the status of it.
DISCLAIMER: My opinion should not reflect to Telstra.
Echo70

Thanks JonYn, I did try calling 13 22 00 but was on hold for over an hour and gave up waiting. I thought this might be quicker to get an answer.
Echo70
Accepted Solution

It's been confirmed,(02) 9213 2700 is a legitimate Telstra phone number.  

Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi There Smiley Happy
If you are ever uncertain about the legitimacy of a call, always hang up and phone Telstra main number 132200 directly. Unfortunately this is the only way to safeguard, and the employee who answers would be able to confirm if we contacted you regarding an order and will put you through to an agent who can help with why we contacted you. Telstra can also be contacted via our live chat option on the website.
Some more advice on how to identify if it really is Telstra contacting you:
https://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/unwelcome-calls/is-telstra-calling

I am a member of the Telstra Unwelcome Calls Team.
If you would like to contact us please call 1800805996 - 6am til midnight (7 days).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
KenMu
Level 1: Cadet

@-Raven- wrote:
Hi There Smiley Happy
If you are ever uncertain about the legitimacy of a call, always hang up and phone Telstra main number 132200 directly. Unfortunately this is the only way to safeguard, and the employee who answers would be able to confirm if we contacted you regarding an order and will put you through to an agent who can help with why we contacted you. Telstra can also be contacted via our live chat option on the website.
Some more advice on how to identify if it really is Telstra contacting you:
https://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/unwelcome-calls/is-telstra-calling

Hi, why on Earth are these outbound callers asking for customers to verify themselves by providing identity details? It would be so, so easy for malicious individuals to do the same spiel and acquire enough info to impersonate the customer, or sell on that info for someone else to use. This is a security vulnerability, imho, ready for exploitation, and shows Telstra doesn't really take the security of their customers' data seriously enough. Making it the customers' problem by expecting them have the smarts to call back to a different number to verify the call is a really poor solution, and terrible customer service.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now