CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Swanbird
Level 2: Rookie

Marketing Calls

Answered

HI,

I have been receiving marketing calls to my pre-paid mobile. Each time they call they ask for a particular person which is someone I do not know. Obviously this person has given a false number when he filled an online survey. I have been bombarded with calls for weeks and each time have explained that this person doesn't own this phone number, is not authorised to use this number and could you please remove my number from your call list. I have managed to find out the persons name and also what he purchased, and the marketing company, I sent them an email asking them to remove my number but had no response.

All good for about 1 month but now I am getting text messages all hours of the day and night to this person from online gambling.

Short of changing my number (which I don't want to do) is there something I can do?

This has been such an inconvenience, and I am on the do not call register.

Any advice most welcome.

Vanessa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Marketing Calls

Hi Vanessa,

Really sorry to hear about this situation and can certainly appreciate how frustrating it must be. 

I would suggest contacting the Unwelcome Calls Centre: https://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/unwelcome-calls/contact-us

Please let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Vanessa,

Really sorry to hear about this situation and can certainly appreciate how frustrating it must be. 

I would suggest contacting the Unwelcome Calls Centre: https://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advice/unwelcome-calls/contact-us

Please let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Swanbird
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you so much for offering a solution.

I Have blocked sms gambling texts & will contact nuisance calls.

I will post the outcome here.

Cheers

Vanessa

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now