melissa82
Level 1: Cadet

NBN DNS issue

Hi.

We have an issue with our NBN (Business plan).

Was having no connectivity and called support so they ran some tests etc, etc, etc, etc then they told me everything is fixed because they said it is and the DSL is synching so there.

However this is not the case at all.

I switched from the V7610 to a tplink 9970 and ran the auto setup. It works great (with a dynamic IP) - get the internet for a while - but then after the lease expires on the IP we get our old IP back (static) and that's the last time the internet works.

Here is the diagnostics from the modem:

Test Internet Browsing

Test xDSL Synchronization
Pass
   ATM OAM Segment Ping
Pass
   ATM OAM end to end Ping
Pass
   Ping default gateway
Pass
   Ping primary Domain Name Server
Fail
   Test DNS Root
Fail
   Network Connection Status Inspect(NCSI)
Fail
Diagnostics Complete

So - works great until the static ip is returned. I cant convince support that there is an issue. 

Anybody offer some advice?

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: NBN DNS issue

Hi @melissa82

Apologies for the delay in responding and for the issues with your business broadband service. Has this matter been followed up on or resolved since your post?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now