CrowdSupport®
Level 20: Director

OK this is driving me crazy!

Answered

Guys

Now really.....

I want to be able to contribute here, but you are preventing me from doing so in an acceptable timely manner.

Here is a video of me posting..........here on CrowdSupport - PLEASE remember that I am on a 100Mbit connection

Posting on CrowdSupport (Screencast HD - Opens a new window/tab)

Posting on CrowdSupport  (YouTube HD - Opens a new window/tab)

Yes it takes this long with EVERY post I make on CrowdSupport!

It only takes less than 55 seconds for me to make a post on my own forums (loading the site, signing in, making the reply, posting), same connection, same browser:

Posting the same content, but on an Australian server (Screencast HD - Opens a new window/tab)

Posting the same content, but on an Australian server (YouTube HD - Opens a new window/tab)

This post has taken over 20 minutes to post, to start with, I get a mismatch, lost ALL my post, no saved content, just throw me over to the front page (off I went to cool off for a while), then it took 6 minutes to get to the right area and post this small new post.

I find this to be totally unacceptable for an Australian company that targets Australians, that hosts a busy site in Emeryville, California, United States of America (USA)

Please please please put CrowdSupport on a faster Australian server.

I am begging you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: OK this is driving me crazy!

In reply: @EVERYONE

After lots of research into finding out why this is the only site that loads so slowly, I think I have come up with a solution.

I did many tests via Web Page Test and it came up continuously that CrowdSupport loaded within Chrome from Sydney within 8 seconds consistently.

My own site was 2 seconds and below.

So I got to thinking what could be causing this issue with only me? as I have noted that others in this thread have mentioned that they have had no issue's loading this site.

After looking into the problem (Avast! Internet Security), turning it off then this site loaded within 1.5 seconds, eliminating the painful wait I was having before.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are running Avast! Internet Security and this site is running painfully slow, turn it OFF!

However after saying that, please make sure that your PC's are protected against viruses by installing and using a current up to date anti-virus application.

Here is the latest video to show that this site now loads on my PC just fine, at around 1.5 seconds and this is very acceptable:

New video showing that CrowdSupport loads just fine (Screencast HD - Opens a new window/tab)

In fact, I feel a bit stupid for posting this, but I had been searching and searching for weeks to try and find the issue.

All I can say is thank god I found the issue, and I will remove those above video's promptly as they are moot now.

Cheers for your understanding.

I shall now mark this post as the solution! How ironic is that Smiley Very Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Level 21: Augmented

have no issue posting here at all and I can't recall others mentioning slow access, is there anything unusual about your setup, what DNS settings are you using in your router?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Mitcho1989
Level 11: Detective

I'm not sure what the problem is, the whole site runs quick as for me, pages load as fast as any other site I go to?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Has anyone else experience this issue?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Boggles
Level 15: Special Agent

I must admit that it is a little slower than other forums I have used, but not to the extent that it bothers me.

When I say slower I mean about a second or two slower, nothing like the OP says.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
Accepted Solution

In reply: @EVERYONE

After lots of research into finding out why this is the only site that loads so slowly, I think I have come up with a solution.

I did many tests via Web Page Test and it came up continuously that CrowdSupport loaded within Chrome from Sydney within 8 seconds consistently.

My own site was 2 seconds and below.

So I got to thinking what could be causing this issue with only me? as I have noted that others in this thread have mentioned that they have had no issue's loading this site.

After looking into the problem (Avast! Internet Security), turning it off then this site loaded within 1.5 seconds, eliminating the painful wait I was having before.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are running Avast! Internet Security and this site is running painfully slow, turn it OFF!

However after saying that, please make sure that your PC's are protected against viruses by installing and using a current up to date anti-virus application.

Here is the latest video to show that this site now loads on my PC just fine, at around 1.5 seconds and this is very acceptable:

New video showing that CrowdSupport loads just fine (Screencast HD - Opens a new window/tab)

In fact, I feel a bit stupid for posting this, but I had been searching and searching for weeks to try and find the issue.

All I can say is thank god I found the issue, and I will remove those above video's promptly as they are moot now.

Cheers for your understanding.

I shall now mark this post as the solution! How ironic is that Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Mitcho1989

Lol, yeah as good as Avast is, I took it off because it was causing some websites and downloads to be painfully slow. I've switched to Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus and have had no problems since.

Glad you sorted it out anyway! Smiley Happy

In reply: @Mitcho1989

It was driving me insane - no really it was.

This was the only site that was painfully slow, and I think I have figured out why, mind you my own community has some of the files that are loaded in Avast!, however these are not slow on our forums.

So I have in fact contacted Avast! so they are aware of this issue and may fix it for future versions of the Avast! Internet Security suite, I hope they do as I have paid for 7 licences for 3 years.

For now I am also using MSE/WD for Windows 8

Any way I am so happy now, like a pig in mud Smiley Very Happy

Level 17: Bureau Chief

@Extreame wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble here. I use Avast + Chrome (just anti virus, not Internet Security) on all my computers, and don't have any issues with CrowdSupport.  I tested it on all 3 laptops and have no issues logging in, even posting a reply.

I only use the free version of avast, and disabled the web browser addon, so possibly it's to do with the actual addon for the browser?

Boggles
Level 15: Special Agent

I am currently using Chrome and have the free version of Avast running. No problems with crowd support really, sometimes page is a slight bit slow but only a second or so.

Smiley Tongue

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.

In reply: @Juzman

Sorry to burst your bubble? This saying does rev me up. Why?

Even though I was very clear in what I had posted, you think you have a BUBBLE to burst?

Avast! Internet Security Is what I clearly posted

Thanks for bursting my bubble! (Shakes head in total disbelief in how rude some people can be)

Pikey18
Level 6: Bloodhound

@Extreame wrote:

@In reply: @Juzman

Thanks for bursting my bubble! (Shakes head in total disbelief in how rude some people can be)

Sometimes there is a simple fix for some users:

Mitcho1989

@ Juzman: I was only using the free version too and I had issues just like Extreame described, not necessarily on this site but some others.

Bottom line is: anti-virus problems are pretty much essential to have, but the best tool for staying safe is common sense. MSE only does the basics but I know a dodgy site when I see one so my PC has stayed free of viruses as long as I've had it.
Level 17: Bureau Chief

@Extreame wrote:

@In reply: @Juzman

Sorry to burst your bubble? This saying does rev me up. Why?

Even though I was very clear in what I had posted, you think you have a BUBBLE to burst?

Avast! Internet Security Is what I clearly posted

I don't think you have a bubble to burst, no. I just didn't want to write a post saying that it works fine for me. I was trying to be sincere. I know that you clearly posted that you have Avast Internet Security.

Maybe if you re-read my post, I specifically said "and disabled the web browser addon, so possibly it's to do with the actual addon for the browser?"

I know that I am using the FREE version of Avast, and have no issues. I can only assume that the Avast Internet Security has the web browser addon too, so it may be simply that you could just disable that, instead of having to change security suites.

I'm sorry if my comment revved you up or whatever. I wasn't trying to be rude at all. I will try and refrain from posting any comments that may upset you, or be insensitive from now on.

I was simply providing some input.

@Mitcho1989 wrote:
@ Juzman: I was only using the free version too and I had issues just like Extreame described, not necessarily on this site but some others.

Did you have the web browser addon enabled or disabled?

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now