shell22
Level 1: Cadet

Old mobiles

Can someone please tell me what happens to all the mobile traded under the "new phone feeling" or those returned at end of lease?

I am curious if they go to landfil, charities or are they available for purchase somewhere? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Old mobiles

Unless you worked in Telstra logistics, any answer is an educated guess. I'm reasonably sure that they are bought by the same company Apple use for trade-off. I believe that they export them.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now