CrowdSupport®
flyrod
Level 2: Rookie

Outlook 2019 imap settings not working

I have two laptops; one running Outlook 2010, and one running Outlook 2019. Both have been set up using the same Telstra-recommended imap settings for incoming and outgoing emails. The laptop running Outlook 2010 works fine. The one running Outlook 2019 will neither receive, nor send emails. This has been going on for several months, regardless of what I try. 

I ran the Telstra diagnostics, and it says it is working, but it is clearly not.

Are there any suggestions please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Outlook 2019 imap settings not working

Hi flyrod, can I ask if you have had a look at the following please, in relation to setting this up. https://tel.st/rleqe

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

flyrod

Thanks MammaB,

Yes, the account in both outlook 2010 and 2019 on both laptops was setup using the same instructions, to which you refer. The one with Outlook 2010 works. The one with Outlook 2019 does not. Both have the same settings, as per those instructions.

Both laptops are running current versions of Windows 10.

I have deleted and setup the Outlook 2019 account a few times, without success. 

I have also conducted a 'repair' on Office 2019, in case that was the issue.

I have had this issue with Outlook 2019 Telstra settings for months.

I am looking at any and all solutions to the problem, but have had no success thus far.

Support Team
Support Team

In this instance flyrod, our Broadband Assurance Team can certainly help you with why the settings are not working for you. They are available on 133 933 (24x7) and our support team will be able to work with you to see what is causing the settings not to work as they should be. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

flyrod

Thank you. I think that is my only option now. I appreciate your assistance.

Support Team
Support Team

I am sorry I couldn't help more from here. Our Assurance Team should certainly be able to work with you to find out what is happening. 
Thank you for being patient today. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now