CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
longlux
Level 1: Cadet

Overseas Call Centres

Is there anyway to get directly to an Australia Telstra rep, I'm sick of trying to get these overseas call centre staff to understand my problems, they also seem to be intent on selling you more services & wanting you to do a survey, even when you hang up on them, they ring back & email you.

Cheers
Joe

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Overseas Call Centres

Hi Joe.

Telstra employ a diverse workforce here in Australia, and around the world. You can't however specify the location of a representative when you contact them.

My suggestion would be to use Live Chat https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

There seems to be a lot less confusion with written communication, and you have an exact record of what was discussed.

If you do choose to contact them by phone, if you feel that the representative you are dealing with isn't providing a level of service you expect, then ask for the call to be escalated. There may be an opportunity to provide feedback that helps that rep and future customers.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
longlux
Level 1: Cadet

I am aware of being able to escalate to a supervisor, but you get more of the same from them.

Telstra lift your game and employ people in Australia, you make more than enough profit to do so or is customer service not a priority.

Level 20: Director

If you pay in peanuts you get monkeys, wasn’t that the old saying.

Level 23: Superhero

They do employ people in Australia. Only a couple of months ago I was lucky enough to meet the team who handle this forum and the Facebook and Twitter pages in Adelaide. They are very much in Australia, and a great bunch of people.

Telstra has a duty to their shareholders to be as profitable as they can, and also to their customers to provide a good service. Customer surveys actually showed that the reps in the overseas centres scored the same or higher than local reps, so from their point of view they are meeting both those goals.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

That may be the case however they should reverse the roles. Get the Australian team to answer the phones and the overseas support to run the forum, Faceache and twatter.

Hubub
Level 2: Rookie

Hi

I also have this problem and I also have dificulty understanding offshore call staff. As lovely as they are I feel that I am forever saying excuse me I did not get that.

I agree they are lovely people however Telstra are only using them because they are cheap.  I am actually surprised they haven’t got oversees grape picking gangs maintaining their hardware. I mean why stop at outsourcing support.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now