Freddo
Level 2: Rookie

Phone spam

Recently received a call from a Melbourne number claiming to be a Telstra rep. They knew my account number and an uncomfortable number of account details. This person was offering me a cheaper plan and wanted to email me the details of this new plan. They knew my email address.I'm a  suspicious person by nature and refused. Has anyone else encountered this? Since I gave them no new information but confirmed what they already knew, do you think I am safe?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Phone spam

It's probably TSA Group. They do cold calling on behalf of Telstra. Personally,  I don't buy anything from cold calls as you can't adequately verify who they are. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Freddo
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Phone spam

Ty Jupiter, I agree with you 100%. In fact I have been known to stop using products and services using this  marketing model as I find it intrusive, 

Thanks again, Freddo.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now