haydencoonan
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Registration Issues

Answered

Hey folks!

I normally sign in with facebook, however I wanted to be able to stay signed in, save my log in/password, etc..  So I tried my username, then tried to reset my password using my email address - it advised that my email address wasn't in the system.. So I thought.. okay, I'll try and register.. Nope, couldn't do that - said that my email address is already associated with an account..

Any ideas?

H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Registration Issues

Hi Hayden,

Try going into "My Settings" and click on the "Social Connect" tab. Under "Facebook Connect", click "Disconnect from My Facebook Account".

Once you do this, a prompt will come up and ask you to create a password for your forum account. That way you can sign in with your Login Name and Password. Currently, you do not have a forum password as your login credentials are tied to your Facebook account.

Please let me know if you have any issues setting up your password and I will be glad to help. Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Larry

---------------------------------
Don't forget to tag answer's as an accepted solution, which will make it easier for other users to find the answer too.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

It doesn't work either way with staying signed in :-(

i do the same thing as you, and I was able to reset my password. Can you try using your "Facebook Email" account?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

haydencoonan

facebook email didnt work..

I was only attempting to sort this as I am occassionally accessing Crowdsupport via mobile, and to sign in I need to swap from mobile to full view to sign in with facebook..

Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi Hayden,

Try going into "My Settings" and click on the "Social Connect" tab. Under "Facebook Connect", click "Disconnect from My Facebook Account".

Once you do this, a prompt will come up and ask you to create a password for your forum account. That way you can sign in with your Login Name and Password. Currently, you do not have a forum password as your login credentials are tied to your Facebook account.

Please let me know if you have any issues setting up your password and I will be glad to help. Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Larry

Don't forget to tag answer's as an accepted solution, which will make it easier for other users to find the answer too.
haydencoonan

Thanks Larry, done! Smiley Happy
Community Manager

Glad to hear you got it worked out! 

If you have any other questions about the community, please feel free to send a PM my way. Smiley Happy

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more