CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JJ251
Level 1: Cadet

SMS Scam

Answered

I am receiving text messages apologising that our phone service is not working but will be fixed by 20July. Ring ............ if you have any queries. 

I can't remember the phone no. it said to call, as I have deleted the messages,but started with 13...

Our phone services are working fine - is this another scam. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: SMS Scam

Hi JJ251

That would be a legitimate message - the number should have been 13 22 00 or 13 22 03

We send them when there's a reported outage in an area that might be affecting your service - they won't always be affecting you, however if there's a significant possibility that it is, we'll try and get an outage notification to you, in case you're wondering why you can't access a service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi JJ251

That would be a legitimate message - the number should have been 13 22 00 or 13 22 03

We send them when there's a reported outage in an area that might be affecting your service - they won't always be affecting you, however if there's a significant possibility that it is, we'll try and get an outage notification to you, in case you're wondering why you can't access a service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JJ251
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now