CrowdSupport®
error619
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Home phone Customers Warning.Heads up

Telstra Home phone Customers Warning.Heads up, scammer ringing up to do line works in your Area. Gives name as Sam. He Rattles off last two Billing Numbers..."They are made up" Wanting to know when you are home.. Then they want D.O.B Phone Number, and want to know if you want Phone Number in the Book. The person that Got this phone Number rang Telstra. And no one from Telstra has rang this Number.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Home phone Customers Warning.Heads up

An oldie, but a goodie. Pick a phone number in the area that you are in, call the occupant and ask if they will be at home and then when told no, break in and rob the place.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
error619

I just got this scam Today, Girl that rang said her name was Tegan . Said she Works on behalf of Telstra Brisbane. Needed access to my House for the NBN. I am Getting FTTN...so that is Incorrect I told her.. She gave me her Telstra Employment Number as D853289. Said She wanted to Confirm my Name XXXX I would not Confirm. She said she can Give me my last Billing Number If I can Confirm my name. I Refused. I asked her to Ring my Mobile back, she would not.. Australian Accent, well spoken, not well rehused.
error619

Thanks 

error619

Update, Mothers Neighbour got this call also, its a scam to To port your Home phone and Internet over you over to NBN Broadband. I am pissed as I am on the Do Not call Registry. Don't know what  Company that's doing this, as she was too embarrassed to say. But they do have your Last Bill Amount. Confirmed by my Mothers call.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi error619, 

Best to be cautious and never give out any details. 

We have some details regarding scam type calls here at the following links: 

Mobile Phone Scams

Mobile and home phone scams

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now