GeoffJamo
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra TV rest mode

While Watching AFL through KAYO Sports on my Telstra TV a message appears about “rest mode” after about 2 hours, can someone help me disable this setting.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra TV rest mode

Hi @GeoffJamo

Sorry to read about the frustrations relating to your Telstra TV Kayo rest mode notifications. 

I have had a look through the Telstra TV settings pages to see if there are any rest mode options and the only thing I can see is a screensaver section. Nothing else that relates to rest mode.

Have you been able to check the Kayo settings page to see if there is an option to change the rest mode timer?

I look forward to your response.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

FlagonDry

I've seen the same rest mode message in Kayo on the TTV2. In the Kayo settings, there's only an option to change location, nothing about screensaver or rest time.

Support Team
Support Team

From what I can see here, you can change the wait time for the screensaver in your Telstra TV 'Settings'.

Please select Screensaver in Settings, then select Wait time. Choose one of the options to change the activation time for the screensaver.

If you have any further issues, our Telstra TV Assurance team will be the best people to investigate further & you can contact them on 132200. 

Please say 'Telstra TV' then 'Faults' when prompted.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

FlagonDry

It's to do with the Kayo app itself, so think they would need to change the rest mode since it comes up exactly after 2 hours of viewing.

Below is the message that comes up in Kayo.

KayoSports_RestMode.jpg

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You need to contact Kayo support to see if there is anything you can do to bypass it. Most streaming services have a similar function, although they tend to put up the message after a program has finished.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now