hyppolyte75
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra account login yields broken email for notifications and password reset

Answered

Having resisted joining the community forum for years, the recent problems with the Netgear Nighthawk M1 helped me to see the error of my ways.

I do not have an myaccount@telstra.com email address, but when I first signed in from the account page for help it validated my account with no email confirmation. I have never received any emails from the forum in my username @hyppolyte

On that profile, with a myaccount@telstra.com so who knows where they are landing?

No notifications of course made my efforts to help and be helped by the forum an uphill battle.

How am I supposed to do a password reset under these conditions?

So I asked someone labelled as a Community Manager in a private message to help me. They told me that login email adresses cannot be changed and recommended I create a new log in.

Then the two could be merged without loss of my history.

"Let me know the new details and I will merge your existing username (hyppolyte) over the top of the new one so you can continue contributing under the same name.

So I did create a new login; me @hyppolyte75 and I did let them know, with no reply after more than 13 hours and counting.

I started to wonder how long I should wait for an answer or if I had bothered a person too important to help me, so I looked for a moderator who was online about an hour ago. I sent a private message from hyppolyte asking for help, but my message remains unread.

So this question is for anyone inclined to help me or else I will just  have to cease to use my already established account and function from this account with an email address tfrom which I have already received notifications.

I have whiled away the time waiting to not be answered by compiling this question.

Of course as hyppolyte75 is an observer "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." is the friendly reception I got when I tried to personal message from my new profile.

Thank goodness for containers in Firefox, so I can be in two places at once.

It looks like my next question might be: How to delete a broken account?

I just love talking about myself in the third person singularSmiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra account login yields broken email for notifications and password reset

I would say wait for an answer

Due to the public holiday today it may still be a couple of days before they can get to merging it

In terms of deleting the old account. The 24x7 myaccount team may be able to sort that out for you. They are only contactable via live chat: https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra account login yields broken email for notifications and password reset

I would say wait for an answer

Due to the public holiday today it may still be a couple of days before they can get to merging it

In terms of deleting the old account. The 24x7 myaccount team may be able to sort that out for you. They are only contactable via live chat: https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

hyppolyte75
Level 2: Rookie

@Yastiandrie wrote:

"I would say wait for an answer
Due to the public holiday today it may still be a couple of days before they can get to merging it"

Thank you

hyppolyte75

hyppolyte
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hello @Yastiandrie

My account has now been updated with emails swapped over. Thank you for the being-ness.

I will look into sorting the Telstra side of it out soon.

hyppolyte

heh no worries

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more