Highlighted
SouthPark_CO
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra shop - could we have a self-service machine to use?

Answered

I was at a Telstra shop at Stockland Townsville. I specifically went in there to just buy a set of Telstra Guardian MK2 system (plus one extra handset for that kit). A rep approached me. I told them I wanted to just purchase that particular system, then was told that it would be a 45 minute wait. I said 'so we can't just buy something from your store right away'? They said no -- because there was a queue. I saw a few people sitting down - probably waiting to start up some kind of phone plan etc. However, all I wanted to do was just pay for a stocked item that I could see. If there were a self-service check-out, I could easily have just purchased the item myself in that Telstra shop (after the rep simply hands it to me). But no..... I was told of a 45 minute wait. So in the end, I just went to Harvey Norman to buy a Uniden 8335 DECT phone system. The purchase was basically immediate. Could customers have the benefit of getting a self-service check-out machine, where a Telstra shop staff just quickly goes to grab the item of interest so that the customer can just use the self-service checkout machine (like at Kmart, Woolworths)? That's my question. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra shop - could we have a self-service machine to use?

Hi SouthPark_CO,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the delay in the store and for the inconvenience this caused you and will pass your feedback to the team.

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi SouthPark_CO,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the delay in the store and for the inconvenience this caused you and will pass your feedback to the team.

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

SouthPark_CO
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks very much Tim. That's definitely ok. I'm extremely happy with Telstra internet services. I've been with BigPond adsl2 for a long time, and the Telstra nbn service appears to be really good - working well. I've rarely had connectivity issues on Telstra - and support staff (24x7 service) is quite excellent. Thanks again.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the kind words Smiley Happy -Zoe 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now