CrowdSupport®
SouthPark_CO
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra shop - could we have a self-service machine to use?

Answered

I was at a Telstra shop at Stockland Townsville. I specifically went in there to just buy a set of Telstra Guardian MK2 system (plus one extra handset for that kit). A rep approached me. I told them I wanted to just purchase that particular system, then was told that it would be a 45 minute wait. I said 'so we can't just buy something from your store right away'? They said no -- because there was a queue. I saw a few people sitting down - probably waiting to start up some kind of phone plan etc. However, all I wanted to do was just pay for a stocked item that I could see. If there were a self-service check-out, I could easily have just purchased the item myself in that Telstra shop (after the rep simply hands it to me). But no..... I was told of a 45 minute wait. So in the end, I just went to Harvey Norman to buy a Uniden 8335 DECT phone system. The purchase was basically immediate. Could customers have the benefit of getting a self-service check-out machine, where a Telstra shop staff just quickly goes to grab the item of interest so that the customer can just use the self-service checkout machine (like at Kmart, Woolworths)? That's my question. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra shop - could we have a self-service machine to use?

Hi SouthPark_CO,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the delay in the store and for the inconvenience this caused you and will pass your feedback to the team.

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi SouthPark_CO,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the delay in the store and for the inconvenience this caused you and will pass your feedback to the team.

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

SouthPark_CO
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks very much Tim. That's definitely ok. I'm extremely happy with Telstra internet services. I've been with BigPond adsl2 for a long time, and the Telstra nbn service appears to be really good - working well. I've rarely had connectivity issues on Telstra - and support staff (24x7 service) is quite excellent. Thanks again.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the kind words Smiley Happy -Zoe 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now