CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Palebushman
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstras 'You speak, we'll listen. Feedback request.

Answered

Below, is a loose copy of my entries this evening on a Telstra Feedback request from a Michael Ackland, bless him. Smiley Surprised

'Telemarketing Callers' are not considered in a favourable light in our home. Particularly now, as we feel we have recently been duped by a Telstra 'Tele Sales' person who coerced us to reduce our perfectly satisfactory Telstra/NBN 120Gb per month contract, down to a mysterious figure that found us being penalised by a miserable 256kbps throttled speed, 6 DAYS BEFORE our monthly bill was due!!! Where are the details for a Telstra/NBN 25Gb per month plan to be found on the Telstra website!? At the same time, this sales person also coerced us into purchasing a Samsung SM-T385 Tablet/Phone which now appears to have a known manufacturing fault inside it! No LED's to iluminate the on screen return & cache buttons. To add insult to all this injury, our mobile phone that was also included in our original 120Gb monthly plan, has had the original 2Gb data allowance rocketed up to 35Gb, which we are never likely to use more than 1.75Gb of anyway! All the above issues and then we are being asked how likely are we to recommend Telstra to a friend or colleague? Oh, and by the way, we used to have a 'Speed Boost' on our Telstra/NBN FTTB, which we were then recommended to discontinue at our new abode here, as we only have FTTN and copper from there to our home, 750 meters away! The last straw about all this nonsense was the arrival of a Telstra gift in the form of a 'Google Home Mini' which has now been re-boxed, so that we can give it away to someone who can tolerate the constant interruptions to normal conversation between two enamoured humans. Once we eventually got to the 'Finale' of filling in the Telstra feedback form, one got greeted with....

GIVE US A CALL Thank you. Please give us a call on the following number.

Consumer

Home Phone Faults 132 203................................... We don't have a problem with it. Internet (ADSL and CABLE) Faults 133 933.............. We don't have a problem with it. NBN Faults 1800 834 273 , option 3 ....................... NBN TV ad says contact your ISP. Mobiles 125 111.................................................... We don't have a problem with it. Sales and Billing 132 200 ...................................... Them calling us would be nicer Smiley Very Happy

So this all means we now have to make 5 phone calls (no doubt to ATAM's with the obligatory time wasting button pressing and being subjected to ghastly haggered/distorted musical noises) which hopefully, will then get us back to the loving relationship we once enjoyed with Telstra. For all the years we have been with them thus far, I'm hoping this is not the beginning of the end. Let's just see how long it takes for me to come back in here and tell you all how wonderful Telstra is at resolving our current discord with their 'Tele-Sales' shenanigans.Smiley Sad

Best regards,
Dave.

Form, is but the manifestation of inner contentment.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstras 'You speak, we'll listen. Feedback request.

I'll say this from the outset, I would recommend that people never sign up to a new plan for phone, internet, gas or electricity on a telemarketing call. The risk of regret is too great as you don't have the time (or necessarily the details) to consider the implications.

In saying that. I would recommend bypassing the initial calls (the consultants probably don't have the authority to make the changes you are seeking) and lodge a formal complaint via https://Telstra.com/complaints

That way, one person should follow the process through for you and get it resolved.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

I'll say this from the outset, I would recommend that people never sign up to a new plan for phone, internet, gas or electricity on a telemarketing call. The risk of regret is too great as you don't have the time (or necessarily the details) to consider the implications.

In saying that. I would recommend bypassing the initial calls (the consultants probably don't have the authority to make the changes you are seeking) and lodge a formal complaint via https://Telstra.com/complaints

That way, one person should follow the process through for you and get it resolved.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Palebushman

Thank You, for your sound and mind expanding advice Jupiter.

Very comforting indeed to have contact from a 'Supreme Being' Smiley Happy

I will get on to Telstra right away, via the link you included.

Best regards,
Dave.

Palebushman

Jupiter, followed your suggested link and guess what!

Telstra have resolved all my issues in one swift swoop. AWESOME Smiley Very Happy

1) Broadband Plan re-adjusted to one more suitable for our needs.

2) Tablet/Phone a.k.a 'Phablet' being replaced. New one on it's way already.

3) Our existing mobile phone plan re-adjusted to its original plan.

The wrap?

All in all, our unblemished Telstra Support Team have made us very happy today folks.

There is no doubt in our minds, that Telstra is the best of its kind here in Oz.

Best regards,
Dave.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Palebushman,

Thanks for taking the time to have this feedback provided and glad that we have been able to have these issues resolved further for you Smiley Happy 

Please do let us know if you have any further questions as we are here 24/7. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now