CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
balt23
Level 1: Cadet

Terrible Customer service - All you had to do is call!

Answered

Telstra arranged an appointment for last Saturday 3rd June 2017 to call me and work out my NBN issues. The time they were supposed to call was 9:00 AM - It is now the 6th June and I'm still waiting.

I clicked on the link on the SMS I received so Telstra could "get back in touch" and requested a call back the following day.

Still nothing.

Well done - keep taking my money and giving no service.

Thanks for nothing telstra.

Dissappointed again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Terrible Customer service - All you had to do is call!

Yes, same thing.

Those stats mean that the fastest possible download speed that your connection can sustain is 61.2Mbps.

It's up to you to determine whether it is worth paying the extra $10 per month to be on the 100/40 plan or the 50/10 plan.

The maximum rate is determined mainly by your distance from the node, so there isn't anything practical that can be done to increase the capability of your line.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6

What issues are you having? We might be able to help here.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
balt23

Slow NBN. Someone was supposed to call so we could work out if it could be sped up as I was paying for 100MBps and only getting 50Mbps

Log in to the homepage of your modem (http://10.0.0.138) and go to the Broadband settings.

There will be a statistic called Maximum Sync Rate. What is the values on that?

balt23

Couldn't find "Maximum Sync Rate" I found "Maximum Line Rate" up - 34.54 Mbps - down 61.2 Mbps
Accepted Solution

Yes, same thing.

Those stats mean that the fastest possible download speed that your connection can sustain is 61.2Mbps.

It's up to you to determine whether it is worth paying the extra $10 per month to be on the 100/40 plan or the 50/10 plan.

The maximum rate is determined mainly by your distance from the node, so there isn't anything practical that can be done to increase the capability of your line.

balt23

No worries. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks so much for your help. Now at least I know where I stand. Thanks again.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now