CrowdSupport®
Laserargon
Level 1: Cadet

Understanding when it’s an Australian standard mobile or home number

It would be so easy if us as customers of Telstra would receive a quick recorded voice telling us the number we were dialing was not an Australian standard mobile or landline.

This would fix the whole problem of guessing or hoping you were dialing the correct standard rate and not being hit with a nasty surprise on next bill.I worry perhaps Telstra really don’t want to do this for financial reasons......hope not !!!There are a lot of other carriers out there at the moment and if I found this to be the case I would be gone simply on principle.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Understanding when it’s an Australian standard mobile or home number

It's quite easy to tell.
A standard number begins with an area code of:
02 - NSW
03 - VIC/TAS
04 - Mobile
07 - QLD
08 - SA/NT/WA
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now