Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Upcoming changes to CrowdSupport

We’re always looking for ways to make life easier. That’s why you’ll soon be able to log in to CrowdSupport using your Telstra My Account username and password. Rest assured you’ll  keep your community profile, history and kudos, and over the coming weeks we’ll provide regular updates to guide you through this change every step of the way.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
tallin1
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Upcoming changes to CrowdSupport

Good, however I already do that now.  Using the same username and password for both, but I guess you mean CrowdSupport and Telstra Account will be enabled with one login?

I find 24/7 Telstra chat hard to find unless I am logged into CrowdSupport.  Is there an easier way as one of the responders at 24/7 chat told me you can log into it via the Telstra home page, but I am unable to find that button to do so.

thanks,

kind regards,

Learning each day
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Yes in the near future you will need to login to Crowdsupport using your My Account credentials.

You will find most of the Telstra 24/7 Live Chat links are on the specific product pages example: http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 21: Augmented

What does this mean for customer's who are not currently with Telstra and posting here to get advice before doing so? Is it compulsary or just a requirement if you link the two services?

Lathania

Good questions Lathania, this is going to be mandatory change for all new and existing users of Crowdsupport and aimed at delivering a better experience with a single login. There is no need to have a Telstra service to use Crowdsupport currently and this will not be changing. Potential customers will have the option to link their services if they proceed and can continue to login and ask questions without having Telstra services as many of our existing members already do. 

All users will keep their community profiles, history and kudos, and over the coming weeks we’ll provide regular updates to guide you through this change every step of the way. 

What about customer's with existing profiles but no Telstra account? For example customer's currently posting about the Kogan issues. Will they be forced to sign up for a MyAccount service so they can continue posting about their concerns? Just trying to understand =)

Lathania

Yes all users will need to register for  a Crowsupport version of My Account.  

Ok cool, just making sure nobody will accidentally get left out! =)

Lathania

All Crowdsupport contributors will need a to register for My Account but the registration form will not include a field for Your Telstra Account. I dont want to lose anyone in this migration just want to get you to the other side so we can support everyone better.

Level 23: Superhero

Will this change allow CS staff members to see the linkages involved, making it easier for them to access and identify customer issues based on posts on CS?

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Kalak - sorry I missed your post.

Eventually, there will be a link between your community posts and your services account which will make it easier to resolve customer specific issues. However this linkage will be entirely up to the member when they register for Crowdsupport as you do not need a Telstra service to register for the new Crowdsupport credentials.

Level 20: Director

Hi Yannick and everyone else! Smiley Happy

If I may contribute to this very interesting thread, I strongly disagree with this change. Although convenient, I feel that it compromises the security of having the 'My Account' credentials separate and I'd like the opportunity to explain why.

CrowdSupport is in fact a social media channel whereas Telstra 'My Account' is an official interface to our Telstra services. By having identical credentials on both, anyone from the Social Media Team can retrieve the credentials one uses to log in here and potentially identify them against their formal Telstra account (with the potential to log in themselves) which I believe violates an anonymous forum user's privacy, not to mention security.

Without disrespecting anyone here, but in reality all we see is a username, the 'moderator' badge and a Telstra logo to verify the user as a Telstra employee, but exactly what is a CrowdSupport moderator? What is their role within Telstra corporation? Surely moderating a public forum known as CrowdSupport isn't their primary function within the company.

These are some very serious factors to consider when merging an official service provision with a recreational social medium under the same security login credentials. But that's just my opinion.

I'd be interested in everyone else's views, particularly those of staff members.

Thanking you all kindly in advance.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello Haemorrhoid

We are going to help make it easier to connect with us by removing the impediments and improving the experience across all channels. The purpose of having one login for most of your interactions with Telstra will mean easier access across the channels and only one login to remember. Of course, if you are a Telstra customer but don’t wish to link your Telstra services to the Telstra registration you use for CrowdSupport, you don’t have to- it will just mean that you may not have access to your account service information in My Account, which can be really useful.

In terms of your concerns about Privacy, be rest assured, we take our Privacy responsibilities at Telstra very seriously. All Telstra staff are bound by their employee obligations to only access information as is required by their job, this will be no different in this context. Telstra’s Privacy Statement guides the collection and use of all information we collect. Our social media moderators, who support you in CrowdSupport, as well as Facebook and Twitter, only have access to your social media posts. If you have a question about your registration or your login details, for example, if you can’t remember your password, you can access and update this information online yourself or it goes through to the Telstra registration gurus and not dealt with by our social media moderators. And yes, our Social Media moderators do just that- don’t worry with over 400k followers on Facebook and over  50k followers on Twitter and over 72,000 posts since 2001 launch, they are kept more than busy.

Level 20: Director

Hello Yannick,

Thank you for clarifying through your detailed response. It appears the new changes are well thought out and won't infringe upon the privacy of your customers.

Keep up the good work and hopefully we'll cross e-paths again within the realm of CrowdSupport.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

All good, let me know if you have any additional questions around the upcoming changes.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more