SBR79
Level 1: Cadet

Urgent info

So my X wife has claimed she received an SMS from Telstra saying i filled out an online registration to access her account.
I did no such thing and i am curious how easy it would be for her to fake this request.
Or how can i get telstra to assist me by proving where and when the form was filled out. Can they trace the IP address etc.
I need to know how i can prove i never did such a thing. I didnt even know who her carrier is or phone numbers address etc.
Is there a phone number for legal issues like this in telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Urgent info

chances are you will need a lawyer to supena the information from telstra and that isnt likely to happpen without police investigations/ input.

"curious how easy it would be for her to fake this request."

whilst this is related to corporate relations, under the delegation/ other users it would seem a possiblility.

https://register.telstra.com.au/online/faq_keycorporate.html?SMIDENTITY=NO

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Level 22: Superhuman

From my understanding to have someone added to the account it needs to be done by a) the account owner or b) an authority on the account over the phone, in store or via live chat. I'm not aware of an online form process to request access to an account.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

SBR79

I do have a lawyer.... it is a family law trial coming up. And she has submitted a SMS on her phone saying i tried to register access to her account. I have not spoken to her in 4 years. I don't even know where she lives, what her phone numbers are or email. So how could i even do this.
I am really confused how this happens. Surely telstra will have a way to track where the IP address was for where the form was submitted etc.

Information on adding an authority to an account can be found herehref="https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/authorisation-verificatio... if the text was sent from Telstra it would be recored on an interaction on the account holders account.</A>
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

SBR79

Well from all info available... the only way for this to happen is if the Primary account holder initiates this process. There is no form i can fill out to access her account without her taking the first step.
This should be easy for my lawyer to prove in court that she has faked the incident.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now