CrowdSupport®
Steveee
Level 2: Rookie

nbn modem charge

As i expected , i was mislead (some may say lied to ) about nbn connection . I was told my bill would remain the same (it is) , and i would NOT be charged for a modem or installation. Well , i receive my new bill and not only have i been charged for a modem , but also for delivery of it . 

Go back and listen to the conversation (as you say they are all recorded) and you will hear that i was told that i would incur NO CHARGES at all . I asked this multiple times and was also told i would get an email confirmation (still waiting).

I didn't contact you , you cold-called me and made the offer .

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: nbn modem charge

I had an identical situation with my neighbor.
The best department is Disconnections which is based in Adelaide only in business hours.
I rang them...they ID'd my neighbor and I then spoke to them and got them to check their written records and play the voice recording which they did. My neighbor got back the $180 they incorrectly charged her. The credit took 2 bills and another phone call as the supervisors authority had to be included. It's possible if you politely but firmly don't give up.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: nbn modem charge

TSA generally give you a 1800 number you can call them back on if there are any issues.

If you don't have the number, try billing via 13 22 00
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now