ReallyOverIt
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot send emails

Three weeks ago my email stopped sending. After questioning if my account is with Telstra (all my devices are) and so called "techs" remoting in to delete and then change my email settings back to the original on no less than nine occasions over the past three weeks - my email still cannot send. On the last occasion it was "no we will change special settings" as I watch them go to the same Outlook settings once again........

I have asked for Telstras' smartest and brightest to fix it but that statement mystifies them.

They have promised to ring me back but no, their phone must not be working because I have had to ring them back each time!

Then you go through the 25 minute interrogation to confirm yet again that yes, I am a Telstra customer.

"It must be your I.T. System" is the latest cry. My system consists of a Telstra modem and a computer, if you could even call that a system. The error message I receive is "contact your ISP". Start reading again from line 1 as my email system is now officially in a loop in the program.

What a poor excuse for a Tech company.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Cannot send emails

Can you provide an example of the whole error message (minus any email addresses) that you receive when you try to send?

I am assuming that you are having difficulties sending from an @bigpond.com address, but please correct me if that is incorrect. Can you confirm that you can log into webmail and send emails? This would confirm if the issue is related to your email mailbox or just the configuration within the email program.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ReallyOverIt

Hi Shellock,

It is from a Bigpond.net.au account. It has been working from this site for at least 10 years and around 1 year since the NBN was connected. No changes to hardware since then.

I have had the Plantinum section check it twice since most post. All settings correct as they have now been checked 10 times by 10 different Telstra people since the problem started. The email will work if I connect my PC to my phone. Other email accounts work with the same internet connection. If I take my computer home the account works from there. 

Telstra have checked and we are not on any blacklist sites.

I receive an error message "The server responded 554 5.7.1 Connection refused OB115.

(IP Address) is blacklisted. If you believe this to be in error, please contact Postmaster@bigpond.com"

ReallyOverIt

Forgot to mention I can log into Webmail but this is going to a Website, not a program pushing an email to a mail server at Telstra.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for confirming. I will send you a private message shortly.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more