Bruizer
Level 1: Cadet

DEVG2020 USB Sharing using apple systems

I am unable to find instruction on how to access a USB connected storage device (connected to the router) using an Apple Mac system?

I am able to log in to the router. I am able to assign users of the USB connected device. But I am not able to view the storage device from my Apple.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
BertieKern
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: DEVG2020 USB Sharing using apple systems

First of all check to see if the Netgear 2020 incorporates "Readyshare" (Telstra documents do not specify). Follow these steps first for the Mac:

- Open Finder

- Click on "Go" up the top of the screen and then click on "Connect to a server"

- Type in smb://readyshare and see if you can now see the USB stick

(Reference: http://www.netgear.com/assets/landing/readyshare/ReadySHARE_FLYER_no_CD_03JUNE2011.pdf)

Otherwise the Netgear is simply sharing the USB stick on the Homegroup sharing network that you set up with the windows computers (Thats why you can see the usb stick in the shared folders). So your next step (If readyshare isn't working) would be to figure out how to get the Mac to network with the Windows Homegroup. Maybe someone else will know an easier method.

Hope this helps.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now