Highlighted
dizrythmia
Level 2: Rookie

DEVG2020 USB Sharing

I'm hoping someone can help me, we have received a DEVG2020 router as part of our business broanband connnection and I want to use either of the USB ports to share files across the network, however to do so a eight digit PIN is required, it says that this pin is on the router case (which it;s not) this PIN required is NOT the wireless key, does anybody know how/where I can obtain eight digit PIN?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 23: Superhero

Re: DEVG2020 USB Sharing

It should be on the label on the unit, underneath or on the back, withe the name of the unit maker etc. If not check the box that it came in.

If you can't find it , try simply PASSWORD.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
dizrythmia

Thanks but I have checked all those possibilites and there is no eight digit code of any description anywhere.

OK, that's very very strange. Anyway, try this. In your browser entter the following 192.168.0.1 , that will open all the settings for the router, have a poke around in there and you should find the password.

NB, that takes you through the settings Via Netgear online.

At first a little window will pop up, user should read Admin; password should be PASSWORD, then click OK

Go to basic settings and you should see a screen like this;

Password.png

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

dizrythmia

I have also tried that, although the IP for this router is 192.168.15.1

And as per my previous post, which I just added some more detail too, there was nothing shows up in basic settings?

dizrythmia

There is no reference to it whatsoever, you can set access to it for different users but there is still the eight digit PIN required to gain access to it (on PC) and on the iMac it requires either that PIN or someother p/w that I'm unaware of.

Well that's all got me stumped I'm afraid. Sorry that I haven't been able to solve this mystery for you.

Look what I'd do is give the buiness service people a call tomorrow (Business hours) contacts can be found at the following link:

http://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/help-support/contact-us/index.htm

Or try their live chat channel: https://livechat.telstra.com/TB:Crowdsupport:Business

Good luck with it.

dizrythmia

Thanks

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more