Highlighted
Balbasaur
Level 1: Cadet

DEVG2020 VPN

Does anyone know if this product supports VPN connections ?

I have just spent too much time on the phone with Telstra who canot tell me if this does or dpoes not work. In fact they have told me there is a "Limitation" of this product that it does not allow for VPN client connections.

I have tried using the softwarer and documentation supplied.

Documentation available here:

https://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/download/document/business-devg2020-vpn-configuration...

The only error I get whne i try to connect is:

"Giving Up the connection"

No errors in the console

Telstra support tells me there is no one at Telstra who knows anything about VPN at all

And vpn connection is not their problem. In fact for this to work I need to buy new hardware ,and get rid of the Devg2020 completly. Although it states that it does support VPN, and some customers can get it to work, this product does not support VPN. Confused yet ???? I certainly was. 

So to my question, does this product support VPN on a DOT business NBN plan ?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DEVG2020 VPN

Hi Balbasaur,

Telstra Business technical support are able to help with the connection itself but additional network related work like VPN is outside of the connection support. It will work but just needs to be configured on the modem..

If you are unable to get things working then you can get network support through Telstra Platinum on 13 7587 or a local computer IT tech should be able to run through the configuration. 

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Balbasaur
Level 1: Cadet

Hi AlistairQWA

So i was misinformed when told it dosent work ???

This goes to the heart of my problem, that there is is inconsistent information coming through.

Now given he fact that I have been working as an IT  networking consultant for over 15 years, and have a universty degree in IT and many vendor certifications, I figured I would have enough knowledge to set this up.

I have followed the instructions as per https://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/download/document/business-devg2020-vpn-configuration...

As it still dosent work, I am left to assume that there is an issue with the device, or some other undocumented feature that needs to be configured. Surely there is  someone at Telstra who can confirm these instrustions as being correct and how do I get someone to verify the modem is working correctly ? It was a replacement modem as the previous one just died.

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I have a different link for the DEVG2020 user guide, version 2.03. Can you see if the steps that you are performing match the ones in this link?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more