CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
samwardill
Level 3: Gumshoe

DOT App

I am a Telstra DoT Business Broadband Customer. I'm trying to start using the DoT App. I've installed the DOT App on my Windows PC and my iPhone. The DOT Support gave me my username and password. The logon does not work. The error messages I see on each App are different and are attached below. Any ideas?

IMG_1825.pngCapture.JPG

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DOT App

You will need to contact Tech Support where they can securely access your account information. You can get assistance by calling 132999 or via Live Chat using this link

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

samwardill

I tried Live chat. They passed me around three seperate people before telling me support was not available on Live Chat. They told me to call 132000 and say "Digital Business". I think these were the people I spoke to last week (who were unable to help)

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

This product has only just been launched on Live Chat and here is the info about the launch of Live Chat for Small Business NBN Faults and Technical Support.

It is only available from 8am to 8pm AEST currently.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

samwardill

The URL you posted didn't work for me. I get error "An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url."

I did initially choose the Live Chat option for Small Business NBN Faults and Technical Support. It is now 2:59pm AEST so they should be open.

They didn't answer my question so they put me through to someone else (who couldn't help) who put me through to someone else (who couldn't help). Who told me to call 32000 and say "Digital Business" (who I know from a call last week couldn't help).
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I fixed the link in my last response, thanks for letting me know about that. The Live Chat team for this product is definitely open and are being responded to by my colleagues here. Can you try again and let me know?

samwardill

That takes me straight through tohttps://www.telstra.com.au/small-business/support/contact-us?ti=td_tb-small-business-hp-telstra-24-7-widget-... . This is the link you posted an hour ago.

I tried that and posted the outcome 34 minutes ago when I said :
"I tried Live chat. They passed me around three separate people before telling me support was not available on Live Chat. They told me to call 132000 and say "Digital Business". I think these were the people I spoke to last week (who were unable to help)"
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I will provide some feedback on that link, it looks like it doesn't automatically launch directly into Live Chat and you need to click on the link Chat now for NBN Faults and Technical Support that appears on that page. 

samwardill

I did that and the NBN Faults and Technical Support people were unable to help me
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I have provided feedback to the team who are looking after Live Chat for this product. If you try again via Live Chat or call in on 132 999 and say "Digital Business" you should get through to a consultant who can access your account details and assist you further.

samwardill

I did try again via Live Chat. This time the person refused to help me because I am not named on the account. I asked him to call the authorised person (who would confirm that I had authority in this matter) but he refused to do so! I can send a transcript if you'd like.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

That's disappointing to hear. I will make sure that this feedback is passed along

samwardill

Thanks. I think I need to be added as an authorised person. What is the process to request this?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

This link will have the information that you need. 

samwardill

Thanks. I will do this.

There are still the issues with the chat support team. I hope you might report another problem I faced today. I followed the Business 24/7 Live Chat link from the CallConductor site because my DOT phone lines are not working properly with my replacement router. The agent said "I have checked the account and the service is under Digital Office Technology. Here’s the number that you need to call 13 20 00 and say "DOT"
This team is for our business internet technical support team.
unfortunately there is no live chat for them,
but rest assured you will be talking with the right person when you call the number.
would you be able to call them right now?"

If there is no Live Chat support for DOT then why is there a link to Live Chat from DOT Call Conductor?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Live Chat for DOT has only just been launched in the last week or so. It is clear that there are things that are still needing to be improved. Thank you for letting us know about this, I will pass this feedback along.

samwardill

I followed the process to add me as an authorised representative. It was done 2 days ago. I'm on the phone now to DOT support and they still insist on calling another authorised representative before speaking to me.

I offered to share the email which was used to request permission for me (following the process documented) but this is not good enough apparently.

Smiley Mad 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update. I'm not sure how long it usually takes for an authorised representative to be added, but I am glad to hear that they will be able to authorise you for that call so that they can assist you with this issue.

samwardill

Actually he didn't manage to get hold of the person but helped me anyway. It makes a bit of a farce of the whole system!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now