CrowdSupport®
ScottHydro
Level 1: Cadet

DOT Auto Attendant - what if no response

Here is a curly one.

We are a 2 person shop and often one goes to lunch/toilet etc.

What we will be doing is letting both handsets ring.

If a call doesn't get answered by ring #4 we want to transfer to auto attendant.

this is just to delay the customer who will punch #1 and come back to us, and make suppliers and telemarketers GO AWAY. (they can go to voicemail)

Here is the question the guy at Telstra DOT training couldn't answer.

If the customer is driving in his car, and can't press 1,2,3 etc.... what happens to him/her?

Ideally they would bounce back to the main line.... but will they / can they?

I'd love to find someone with Auto Attendant to try this for me before I set this whole thing up....

Thanks Heaps from the overworked crew at Hydrocentre.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DOT Auto Attendant - what if no response

@ScottHydro

Welcome to CrowdSupport. I apologise for the delay getting back to you.

To answer your question about if someone does not make a selection in Auto Attendant - The call is ended with a Message saying "Your call cannot be transferred at this time. Thank you for calling"

Another option that you have would be to extend the ring time before calls divert between numbers in your business. This can be done easily by logging into Commpilot and adjusting the call settings for each line that you have.

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now