1it
Level 1: Cadet

DOT Bundle Router's and ATA's

Hello,

We have a lot of customers who sign up for Telstra DOT bundles.

All of our customers use their own dedicated networking equipment (routers / switches etc.). When Telstra arrive to install a DOT bundle, the customer is forced to use the Telstra supplied router so that phones will work.

Is it possible to connect the Telstra Gateway's WAN port to our LAN network and have the phones work that way? I believe we have tried this in the past and have not been able to get it to work.

Is it possible to use the Telstra Gateway in bridge mode and still have the phones work?

Is it possible for our customers to choose a different type of ATA when they purchase a DOT bundle? Can the ATA be configured manually later or does it have to be via the Telstra Gateway.

We have found very limited flexibility with DOT bundles and at times we are forced to cancel the whole bundle, leave the customer without any services while moving to TBiz plans or a different ISP all together.

Thanks,

1it

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: DOT Bundle Router's and ATA's

Hi 1it,

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us via CrowdSupport in regard to using alternative equipment for your customer's DOT bundles.

The best thing to do would be to have a chat with our DOT Support Team. You can call 132000 and say Digital Business Technical Support.

It is likely they may advise in using alternative equipment the scope of support is limited, however, I'm confident we'll be able to provide you with the information you are seeking.

Let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more