MOHMOH
Level 1: Cadet

DOT Messaging format and length

Hi,

What is the messaging format and length specifications required for DOT audio files?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DOT Messaging format and length

Hi MohMoh

While we don't have the answer you are seeking offhand,you can obtain this by speaking with our DOT Live Chat team 

https://livechat.telstra.com/TBSmiley Very HappyOTSmiley Very Happyefault

They are available between the hours:-  Monday – Friday 8 am – 7 pm ACDST.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MOHMOH

Hi Lindy,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the chat link you recommended and they weren't that much help either. Was only told that WAV format is required, with 5MB as the max file size. Was advised to contact the 132 999 for further information but that was not much help either.

Someone replied to a thread in Crowd Support and provided the info for Telstra TIPT messaging format and length - CCITT u-law 8.000kHZ 8bit Mono. So I assumed that someone from Telstra could help provide the information for Telstra DOT as well, instead of being given the runaround of whom to contact.

Is the Telstra TIPT messaging format and length the same with Telstra DOT then?

MOHMOH

Saw this other thread in Crowd Support for Telstra TIPT , so we will assume it to be the same format for TIPT and DOT.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/TIPT/TIPT-Messaging-formats-and-lengths/td-p/159374

Support Team
Support Team

Hi MOHMOH,

The format for the greeting can be .WAV, .WMA, .MOV, and .3GP and the maximum length is 2 minutes. You can see more information here: https://www.telstra.com.au/business-enterprise/download/document/business-customer-administrator-ref...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now