Highlighted
SN
Level 1: Cadet

DOT Phone Lines

Answered

Hi,

If I have 2  phone lines and 5 handset in my office. Let's assume one line is busy with the incoming call and my receptionist is answering the call, can I use my other handset on my desk which is also on the same line as the one on the receptionist desk to make outgoing calls through the second phone line? (which is possible with phone system, is it possible with DOT?

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GBDOT
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: DOT Phone Lines

You can use the 2nd line to make an outgoing call. You will have to press the green button to the right of the screen to select the free line before making the call.

If you don't have a green light there, just a single red light, the phones will have to be setup to have access to both lines from each phone. You can't set that up yourself, you'll need to call through to DOT support. Call 132000, ask for 'digital office technology' then 'technical support'.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
GBDOT
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: DOT Phone Lines

You can use the 2nd line to make an outgoing call. You will have to press the green button to the right of the screen to select the free line before making the call.

If you don't have a green light there, just a single red light, the phones will have to be setup to have access to both lines from each phone. You can't set that up yourself, you'll need to call through to DOT support. Call 132000, ask for 'digital office technology' then 'technical support'.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more