Nayshil
Level 1: Cadet

DOT and OpenDNS

Our office uses DOT with the Telstra DEVG2020 modem.  We need to use OpenDNS service with this modem.  Browsing this forum has revealed that changing the DNS is not an option on the modems...which we found out after we lost our phones due to changing over to OpenDNS servers.  I now need to know what configuration changes are required on the netgear 2020 modem/router so that I can use my own Wifi Router which will be configured for use with OpenDNS.  In other words, I need to put the netgear into bridge mode and turn off all it's routing features.  I will simply use this device as a modem and a voip box.  Telstra tech support are simply bouncing me between departments and level 1 and 2 support agents who have not been able to provide any answers what so ever.

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DOT and OpenDNS

Hi Nayshil, 

I would advise speaking with our Telstra Platinum team on 137 587, they provide assistance with advanced configuration and 3rd party devices.

You can find out more about the services offered by Telstra Platinum here: https://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/platinum

Ben 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more