Highlighted
nish
Level 1: Cadet

Dot Digital Services

Warning to potential customers. Dot consultants do no divulge all the details about this product which results in additional charges added to your account for these services.  I called the day after I spoke with the consultant to confirm the information I received and was informed that this information was correct to find that when I finally received an account that the informaiton was false.  An enquiry resulted and despite the fact that I was informed that the information I had received was incorrect that I could cancel the service but I would have to pay the service out plus the penalties.  This means that despite the fact that the wrong information is provided at the time the customer is held responsible.  I made numerous calls to rectify this, each time getting the run around.  I was however  offered a credit to apparently compensate for the fact that I was lied to in the beginning and now have received correspondence stating that the credits I was offered for part of the service have now been revoked and I will be charged from now on the full amounts. The equipment drops out, seizes up and is unreliable. There are other phone numbers associated with the system which I have been informed by Dot consultants that these are generated numbers,  however I receive calls looking for individuals on these other numbers and I have now been told that it is up to me to contact telstra white pages to have this rectified.  I have receipts for all the complaints I have made but have been informed by the complaints consultants that they have been unable to locate all the recordings of the complaints which will clearly show that the information I have been provided was incorrect. Dot Digital is not what it is made out to be and the information from the consultants is not complete and the customers are made to feel that it is their fault. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dot Digital Services

That is certainly not the experience that we want customers to have. Do you have those complaint case numbers handy?

Please do not provide any account details, they will be removed for your own privacy.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

figs62
Level 2: Rookie

Spare a thought for aitkenvale customers being literally jackbooted onto the NBN and DOT. An absolutely disgusting way of service. Please share who else is out there that may be better. Shame to leave after so long with Telstra.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi figs62,

I am very sorry that you feel that way, regrettably this was not actually Telstra's decision to make. Where NBN becomes available all other services must be disconnected within 18 months, this means all services need to be switched over before this mandatory action. You can find out more here: http://www.nbnco.com.au/faq.html

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jjnick
Level 1: Cadet

I amalso new to DOT and encountered some of the problems mentioned. However I found the DOT team very helpful and was able to sort out most of the issues. With respect to the unwanted calls on the additional numbers, simply unplug your old analouge phone to stop calls on the "Pilot Number" and have your new "DOT" number placed on the Do not call register. You are receiving these calls as these "Pilot Numbers " appear to be numbers and may still be in directories and on web pages and in the case of the new "Dot" number are fair game for telemareters . Hope this helps

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more