CrowdSupport®
Tops
Level 1: Cadet

Extensive delays (50 days) in setting up Digital Business Line

Hi,

I signed up for Telstra Digital Business Bundle to start on 1 March.  I was told the internet service would take 10 days to connect.  Then when we hit March, I was sent an email saying the line would be connected on 15 March (10 BUSINESS Days).  Then a week later, I got another email, saying the actually setup of Telstra Digital Business Line appointment would be set for 29th March.  At this time, I was really annoyed already.  Then about a week ago (21 March), I got a call from Telstra stating that they messed up with scheduling not realizing that 29th of March was a public holiday. (OMG, Telstra JUST REALIZED that Good Friday was a Public Holiday? They Just realized???)

And then they went on to say that the next available appointment will be 19th of April.  This is totally ridiculous.  They stuffed up the scheduling and expect me to wait for internet connection?  And it's going to be exactly 50 days from the day I asked for it to be connected.

I filed a complaint about it Ref:1-238377295, and was told that I would be contacted within 48 hours.  It has been 6 days (including 4 business days) and I have NOT received a call to deal with my complaint.  Could someone please call me ASAP.

I like to know what my options are.  I should probably just cancel the plan and go with another carrier.  No company should take 50 days to connect any type of internet.  I should have just gone with another carrier.  I only signed up with Telstra because I wanted uninterrupted service, and I thought Telstra would be the best providers with such services.  Obviously, I made a HUGE mistake there.

Could someone from Telstra Digital Service PLEASE call me ASAP!!!

You have my complaint number, and you should know how to find me.  Thank you very much! Tony

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Extensive delays (50 days) in setting up Digital Business Line

Try Livechat.

Most of the people here are customers and don't have access to Telstra's systems. This is primarily a Forum where End-Users try to Help End-Users.

If Livechat can't help and you don't get a callback today, you cal always lodge a complaint with the TIO.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Arron25
Level 2: Rookie

BE WARNED... When you do get it.. Your internet speed will drop in excess of 50% of its previous ( my line speed dropped from 24 to 11) and if you complain the attitude you will recieve ( but offer NO help or solution) will be that MOST people don't notice so stop complaining as we won't be doing anything to fix it ( note of course that the system is a bastardisarion of an American system.( a hangover from the 2 Amigo days??). so No more usable caller ID (Ameican protocols only) and no analogue backup available ( cicso is capable of both) ..lose the internet NO PHONES)

CNC
Level 3: Gumshoe

This is telstra for you. In the terms and conditions of DOT can you find a SLA (service level agreement) NOPE!. I will never use DOT again as long as my arse points to the ground!!. I would suggest to any one looking for a commercial phone system to ring your local comunications company and pay the 5-8K to get it installed, That way you will get better service and when there is a problem you can call a local technician to come and fix it most likely that day. A business without a phone is like a car without wheels!.  

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now