Highlighted
MF1972
Level 2: Rookie

How to setup wireless dongle for Netgear V7610

Can you please advise how to setup the black Telstra wireless dongle for my Netgear V7610

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 23: Superhero

Re: How to setup wireless dongle for Netgear V7610

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/small-business/broadband/pdf/telstra-gateway-pro-v7610-u...

There are instructions from page 31 of the user guide linked above.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
MF1972

Thanks for the quick answer, and it was great to see it written down so easily on page 31, however it still does not connect - when I click connection status, it says disconnected - good signal strength though

Is the sim pin standard as 0000 along with all the other settings as in telstra.internet etc?

Thanks

MF1972

is the pin defaulted always to 0000 - as it is still not connecting

Thanks

Level 25: The Singularity

It should be. There have been a number of other posts here however that have been having the same problem with the V7610.

If you plug the dongle directly into a computer, does it connect to the internet (I suspect that it will)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
MF1972

It does not talk to my MBP, will have to check on a Windows based computer tomorrow - any other ideas or is this aTelstra call?

Thanks

I would say that it is a call to Telstra one. I haven't seen an instance on here where a person has had a problem with it and comes back to say it's working.

Personally, I would call your nearest Telstra Business Centre as they most likely have more experience with the V7610 than either the Call Centre or Retail Shops.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
MF1972

Thanks

Biancacastle82
Level 1: Cadet

I have exactly the same issue. Spoke to Telstra and they sent me a new usb. Same issue.

I put my own sim in the dongal and it shows as mobile connected. Put the provided sim in my phone, no service. Its like the service has not been activated.

Biancacastle82

Did you have any luck?

burty1109

For those of you struggling to setup your USB Mobile Broadband Failover Backup device.

So after 5... YES 5 USB dongles sent out to me, and over 12 hours on the phone to support we have worked out the issue.

Telstra has been sending out refurbished SIM cards.  These Sim cards that have a block on the card as the accounts of previous customers have outstanding debts on the SIM cards.  For some reason getting the block removed is proving to be impossible. 

So right now, my 5th SIM card is not working and they are investigating the block.

Also - there is another reason..  Some of the sim cards/dongles will flash blue and some dongles will remain a constant orange light..  The light mentioned is the very small light on the actual dongle, not the modem.  (In my example, if the sim card is orange in colour, they are normally blank - if the sim card is blue in colour it was blocked - except for the 5th sim card which was orange)

So if you have a constant orange light on the dongle, you have a blank sim card!...  or if you have a blue light then you have a working blocked sim card.

Well done telstra sending out refurbished sim cards, you have wasted 12 hours of my life!

I hope my problem gets resolved soon, maybe they will send me out a 6th dongle.. what a waste of money for the shareholders.

snb222

Has anyone had success with setting up this failback USB  I am now on my fourth and experiencing the same problem?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi snb222, 

The following link provide instructions on page 31 as to how to set this up,telstra-gateway-pro-v7610-user-guide

If this is your fourth USB, I'd suggest getting in touch with our business support team on 13 29 99 so they can investigate this for you.  You may also wish to speak to our Telstra Platunim team on 137 587 for further assistance with configuring your equipment and troubleshooting this issue further from your end.

You can find out more about the services offered by Telstra Platinum here.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now