Highlighted
Nikki_W
Level 1: Cadet

Issues With Telstra Gateway Pro (V7610) Connecting to VPN

Hi,

I am having issues with my works Telstra Gateway Pro (V7610) modem and connecting to an existing VPN. We were moved to NBN last Thursday 23/06/2016 and have since had issues with our IT services (scanning, printing etc).

Our IT guys are saying the router does not support VPN set ups but eberything I am reading says that it is. I found a User guide that has this link in it for configuration details, however whenever I try to open it is shows the telstra.com page with 404 - Page not found, sorry.

Can someone please send me this guide so I can see if my IT guys can sort it out?

Thank you 

Nikki

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Issues With Telstra Gateway Pro (V7610) Connecting to VPN

Hi Nikki_W,

Please try this link, it should work.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/small-business/broadband/pdf/telstra-gateway-pro-v7610-u...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

philboufr61

The user manual points to a VPN configuration guide, which is detailed in all the wrong places.

The Site to Site connection is scant, and provides details only on connecting to another V7610. 

We have Draytek routers elsewhere in our network for VPN connection purposes because these routers offer superior connections to all types of other routers, and are reliable. The information in the Telstra guide gives nowhere near enough information on using the V7610 in this environment.

My preferred mode would have been to bridge the V7610 and deploy a Draytek Vigor 2925 to do the routing and VPN stuff, but I cant find any way to bridge the V7610 router. Is this possible, or can we get more information on the VPN configuration details for the V7610.

Posmosis

I have the exact same situation. I previously had a flawless Lan to Lan Draytek VPN from home to work. I have setup the very scant settings in the v7610 and no connection or anything suggesting what may be wrong. Can anyone help?

Geosime

I have just posted a question about having the same problem in the opposite direction. Trying to connect Billion router to Gateway Pro and could find no details other that setting up to another Gateway Pro. Surely Telstra must have had this queary heaps of times by now.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I have located the Gateway Pro VPN Configuration Guide which should help you with setting up your VPN.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MsBlaise

After a lot of wasted time and digging around...

Telstra appears to have simply retained the default Netgear wizard setup:

Exchange Mode: Main

No data compression

ID type: local WAN IP

Local WAN ID: Local WAN IP

Remote Wan ID: N/A

Encryption, Phase-1: 3DES, SHA-1, DH-Group 2 (1024 bit)

Life Time: 8 hours

Encryption, Phase-2: 3DES, SHA-1, DH-Group 2 (1024 bit)

NetBIOS: Enabled

You can't changethose parameters, but if you can set the same on the other end you can set up VPN.

Oh, btw, make sure the other end initiates the link. No idea how it works between two V7610's.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more