Highlighted
MITSupport
Level 2: Rookie

Netgear DEVG2020 + Cisco SPA8000 bridge mode

Hi all

I have a small problem here with the network.

It is setup by a Telstra Tech and it is configured in such a way that any changes makes the voice drop every second word.

So here is the setup:

Internet --Firewall--Network 1

|--Network 2

|--Network 3 (Voice controlled by DEVG2020 + Cisco SPA8000)

Now my question to the crowd is that if I change the DEVG2020 to bridge mode (If it supports it) with the Cisco IAD infront of the firewall what will happen to the dial rules in the IAD?

Will the phones still be able to operate as normal or does it mean that i will have to upgrade the phone system and get a different setup?

I have been asking this for a very long time and been given the run around by both Technical Support and also Local Telstra Tech (another person not the original installer) they are saying that it is the network that is causing the drop outs.

I have traced the packets and the drops are coming from the IAD (Cisco SPA8000) but Telstra Techs are saying that it is the network and that we need to put in another service just to resolve this issue.

Can some one please point me in the right direction

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Netgear DEVG2020 + Cisco SPA8000 bridge mode

I believe that it may be as simple as adjusting the QoS within the BYO router to prioritise voice traffic but the best team to discuss this with would be Telstra Platinum for business on: 1800 202 766

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more