Highlighted
infocomm
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear DEVG2020 user manual

Both "manuals" provided for the Netgear DEVG2020 are incomplete. There are large sections of the device that are simply not described. This forum shows users being refered to manuals for other devices. If Telstra can't provide a complete manual then we want to return the device as not complete and not at an acceptable standard.

If necessary we will pusue this through consumer affairs. No one would accepta similar device from Netgear itself or CISCO or DLINK without complete documentation why should we accept it from Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Netgear DEVG2020 user manual

This is the complete manual for the device: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DGN2200V3/DGN2200v3_UM_07Oct2013.pdf

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
infocomm
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Jeff, it may be of help, but the manual you suggest does not cover the whole DEVG2020.

For example the manual you refer to does not cover:

• NBN Connection
  • PSTN (analogue phone ports provided on the DEVG2020)
  • The ports used by Telstra VOIP that are claimed by the NETGEAR DEVG2020

The fact that you are referring to another manual, also says again that Telstra have not provided a complete manual and that the manuals are majorly deficient. The telstra "manuals" do not cover whole areas of operation.

It also appears from comments in the forum the device does not work as expected, based on settings available, and when compared with other modems / firewall devices. This is especially poor when it is advertised as a Premium device.

There also appears to be other problems witht he device in that it appears from comments in the forum to automaticall update its firmware when ever Telstra decides. What happens if it does this in the middle of transactions for a web server you might be running or other data store.

Really this all just too sad. If you went and bought one you would take it back. It just isn't as advertised.

Regards

Graeme

Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi Graeme, 

The Netgear DEVG2020 modems are usually given out with Business plans.  I'm assuming that you have an NBN connection but which type of business package do you have?  

Some of the answers depend on the business plan you are using.

- Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more