Highlighted
Dotnotworking
Level 1: Cadet

Outgoing email settings DOT

So the DOT is set up, I'm on my SIXTH call to Telstra's "support" line after they have hung up on me 5 times...

Getting something as simple as outgoing mail settings has been a nightmare as the only details I have for paperwork are:

customer purchase/online order number
Telstra hardware order ID
Serial number of the gateway

So I can't use the obvious steps with a username and password after googling Telstra smtp settings or Telstra outgoing mail settings and get a solution

I have to reiterate that DOT support is ridiculous and the artificial intelligence that runs the call options needs to go back to preschool as it has sent me in different directions despite using a clear,calm voice style each time... I think I deserve an Oscar for remaining calm

After the digital waiting list processed each time I was placed through to the Philippines call centre only to be moved around again until each time I was hung up on!

P.s. I'm still on hold after writing this message and searching for this place AND signing up to join this crowd help site... 45 of the 20 minutes I was told I would wait.....

I can't be more passionate about warning people away from Telstra and DOT

Sooo if anyone knows how to solve this problem of outgoing mail settings without an account name provided by Telstra I'd be very grateful

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Outgoing email settings DOT

I can see that Shelly replied to your post on another thread earlier today, let us know if you need further assistance.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more