Costo
Level 1: Cadet

Phone drops out when answering calls

We have had a problem with the office phone dropping out frequently since we had the NBN installed. The dropout occurs as soon as the phone is answered. It is not on every call, but is happening 15 - 20 times per day (approx 100 inbound calls per day). It is only on inbound calls, outbound is fine. It makes no difference where the inbound call originates from (mobile, landline, direct call or redirect from our 1300 number all have the same problem).

Telstra tell us there is no problem with the NBN connection and blame the LG Phone System. The tech guys that manage the phone system say there is nothing wrong on their end and blame Telstra/NBN. The phone system was working fine before NBN so I am inclined to say the problem is on the Telstra end.

This is beyond frustrating and we are losing customers because of it. Has anyone else had this problem before or have any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Phone drops out when answering calls

Hi @Costo, that's certainly very concerning to hear and something we want to get on top of. I'd recommend contacting Business support directly so we can monitor and investigate your service issues. Business Faults are available on 132 000 24x7. We want to get this sorted for you as quickly as we can.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now